View Poll Results: Who is pre-ordering iPhone 4 tomorrow?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

109 95.61%
  • No

5 4.39%
    Let's hear it.... who is ordering tomorrow?

Of course I will be...

Poor Rene up in Canada...
    06-14-2010 11:02 AM
    No pre-orders for me. I just wait in line. Last time I did, I made it on the local news here. It was actually interesting to see how many people didn't want to get on TV.
    06-14-2010 11:14 AM
    I'm preordering, just not sure if I will do delivery or in store pickup. It's very tempting when I have mall with an Apple store about a 3 minute drive away.

I have a feeling I will wind up waiting in line, just can't help myself.
    06-14-2010 11:19 AM
    I'll try the pre-order thing this year. Besides, I have a boss who get's paid 90K a year to throw all his work on me but then takes all the credit. I don't have time to stand in line. But I do have time to leave this message.....
    06-14-2010 11:23 AM
    Just like I did last year, I will preorder from Apple with home delivery. Very smooth and painless.....
    06-14-2010 11:26 AM
    im going to pre-order mine fo delivery, not 100% sure which network, tempted by t-mob and voda, all comes down to contract price which will probably be quite tight... wish it was tomorrow already so i can feel safe i got one in the bag!
    Last edited by funy; 06-14-2010 at 11:35 AM.
    06-14-2010 11:31 AM
    if we pre order do we still have to stand in the line at apple, or do we get to just walk in and grab it?
    06-14-2010 11:33 AM
    I'll be pre-ordering, but this year will have to do it through AT&T for in-store pickup (need to swap an upgrade on a family plan). Wish I could just pre-order through Apple...
    06-14-2010 11:34 AM
    Sorry in advance for the noob question, but anyone know the particulars of how to pre-order the iPhone 4?

I am an existing AT&T customer eligible to buy the iPhone 4. I have the 3G now and want to keep everything the same regarding my contract (i.e. voice plan, data plan, etc.). I know I need to agree to another two years, but where/how do I do this? Do I log in to the AT&T website to pre-order the phone and to agree to the new contract and buy the phone? Or, if I go to the Apple website, how do I handle the AT&T part of the transaction?

Thanks!
    06-14-2010 11:39 AM
    I'll be pre-ordering, but this year will have to do it through AT&T for in-store pickup (need to swap an upgrade on a family plan). Wish I could just pre-order through Apple...
    You can still do all that stuff even if you preorder and get it delivered to your house,,,, All it takes it the phone call to AT&T after you receive it to activate it, at which point you can modify and upgrade your plan
    06-14-2010 11:39 AM
    I'm definitely pre-ordering... I'm 200+ miles from an Apple store.. and I hate our local AT&T store... anyone know what time they will let us start to pre-order?
    06-14-2010 11:44 AM
    I'm definitely pre-ordering... I'm 200+ miles from an Apple store.. and I hate our local AT&T store... anyone know what time they will let us start to pre-order?
    Last year it was 8AM EST ,,,, Im assuming the same
    06-14-2010 11:48 AM
    Pre-Ordering and having it sent to my local Apple Store. I love how I can walk in, pass the line, and have them get it up and running for me.
    06-14-2010 11:49 AM
    I have the same questions as Rob T. I have a 3GS and am eligible to upgrade. If I preorder online and have it shipped to my house when will it get there? Can I preorder online and walk in an Apple or AT&T store and grab it on the 24th without standing in line? Will I be guaranteed one that way? Another stupid question, how do i get all the apps, etc. off my 3GS to the iPhone 4? I don't sync my apps with iTunes. Should I?

Thanks
    06-14-2010 11:52 AM
    Pre-Order + in-store pick up. I really don't feel like waiting for
    FedEx to drop it off whenever they feel like. I get up early
    nowadays and can just go straight to the store, skip the lines
    and pick it up like I did last year.
    06-14-2010 11:52 AM
    Oh and I'll be pre-ordering two!

Two whites or one and one is my only decision.
    06-14-2010 11:55 AM
    Pre-order to pick up at Apple because Fedex doesnt drop off until around 5pm PST and I dont want to be hearing from everybody how great it is when mine is still sitting in the Fedex truck
    06-14-2010 11:55 AM
    Pre-order to pick up at Apple because Fedex doesnt drop off until around 5pm PST and I dont want to be hearing from everybody how great it is when mine is still sitting in the Fedex truck
    LOL!!!!!!!! Will you be taking off to go get it at the
    Apple store? Or will this be a "I'm taking a long lunch"
    kind of day?
    06-14-2010 12:02 PM
    For everyone worried about delivery, you are aware that it is over night shipping from Fed-Ex and has to be delivered by 10:30 am correct? At least that is how it was for the iPad and iPhone 3GS for me.
    06-14-2010 12:05 PM
    I will be pre-ordering mine. Not sure if I'm going to Best Buy, At&t, Apple, or Radio Shack. Where I live in Cincinnati I have a Best Buy, Radio Shack and At&t store in the same plaza 5 mins from my home. The Apple store is 30 mins away. 110 % pre-ordering, but not sure where though yet.
    06-14-2010 12:05 PM
    LOL!!!!!!!! Will you be taking off to go get it at the
    Apple store? Or will this be a "I'm taking a long lunch"
    kind of day?
    Im the boss. Of course I will be taking a little time off. I will be down at Apple early
    06-14-2010 12:06 PM
    For everyone worried about delivery, you are aware that it is over night shipping from Fed-Ex and has to be delivered by 10:30 am correct? At least that is how it was for the iPad and iPhone 3GS for me.
    Is it overnight? I didnt know that. Good to know. That may change my mind but I dont know if they allow shipping to my work for the release of the iPhone. We'll see what they give me for delivery options first
    06-14-2010 12:08 PM
    Good point Jeremy, but my question is do we have to sign for it when it arrives? I don't want to take off of work if I don't have too
    06-14-2010 12:11 PM
    Is it overnight? I didnt know that. Good to know. That may change my mind but I dont know if they allow shipping to my work for the release of the iPhone. We'll see what they give me for delivery options first
    At least that is how it has been in my previous ordering with Apple and new devices. I'm waiting to hear back exactly what time pre-orders will go live on their site. Will update here if I get my answer.
    Good point Jeremy, but my question is do we have to sign for it when it arrives? I don't want to take off of work if I don't have too
    Yes, Apple makes you sign. You can pre-sign though.
80 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD