Why does Apple make everything so difficult?!!!

DJNYC

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Not to rain on anybody's parade, I mean im glad iPhone 4 is here. But why can't Apple just choose simple names for there own apps/devices! I mean FaceTime? We all know the name iChat was more suitable! iPhone 4? (iPhone HD!) iPad? (ok, that one is still funny!) I mean come on! LOL

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 4

The more unusual the name it generates buzz in the Apple comunity and also in the media. The iPad that one I can't explain and I own one LOL I like the iPhone 4 though it has a nice ring to it, it's the 4th version of the iPhone 2G, 3G, 3Gs and now 4. I'm guessing if they used HD where would they go from there? you don't want to use a name that kills the line or makes the next name in the lineage seems silly. Is that an Audi in you avatar??

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The more unusual the name it generates buzz in the Apple comunity and also in the media. The iPad that one I can't explain and I own one LOL I like the iPhone 4 though it has a nice ring to it, it's the 4th version of the iPhone 2G, 3G, 3Gs and now 4. I'm guessing if they used HD where would they go from there? you don't want to use a name that kills the line or makes the next name in the lineage seems silly. Is that an Audi in you avatar??

They should've named it HD, for the video and video editing capabilities and the retina display.

iPhone 4 just sounds stupid to me..

DJNYC

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

yeah your right about iPhone 4, but FaceTime..... Really? LOL and its a Passat

Behshad

Jun 8, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 4 is much better than iPhoneHD,,, they didnt wanna copy ZuneHD ,,,,
Besides its just a name NO ONE uses after they get it in their hand,,,
if I wanna talk about it to a friend, I never refer to mine as iphone 3GS,,, you always refer to is as IPHONE....

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
yeah your right about iPhone 4, but FaceTime..... Really? LOL and its a Passat

Because Facetime isnt iChat. iChat is more tied up to textual ways of messaging. Facetime is just that, face time, no configuration video messaging. This is something that is very different than iChat, no account needed of any sort to call someone else and video chat with them. If you are looking for a more traditional account based video chat system, im sure there will be a developer out there who will use the API's to integrate it with AIM (which is what iChat basically is...)

Guys, FaceTime, is what this phone is going to be about, and every news story on every network, when they talk of the new iPhone, will say something to the affect of "Want so FaceTime, well Apple's new iPhone" blah blah blah. It's named that for marketing purposes kids, no other reason. Yes people do know iChat, but in your head you say iChat, you think Mac....FaceTime, you'll think iPhone. Its just for marekting and buzz, nothing more.

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 4 is much better than iPhoneHD,,, they didnt wanna copy ZuneHD ,,,,
Besides its just a name NO ONE uses after they get it in their hand,,,
if I wanna talk about it to a friend, I never refer to mine as iphone 3GS,,, you always refer to is as IPHONE....

Uh.. I honestly don't think Apple even remembers what a Zune HD is.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
With all the lawsuits going around, they remember all names. No one has iPhone or just the number 4 tied behind it.

They wouldn't be sued unless Microsoft had a product named "iPhone HD", which they wouldn't be allowed to have because of the name 'iPhone' included. "HD" is not able to be copyrighted by any one company because it is the official name of a video standard, otherwise Microsoft would've been in trouble because of the HTC Touch HD. :/

mth785

Nov 29, 2008
Visit site
It doesn't matter to me so much what they call it, the more interesting thing is that they plan to open source the code.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
It doesn't matter to me so much what they call it, the more interesting thing is that they plan to open source the code.

What? You mean that's happening or you want that to happen?

I don't think that will ever happen. However, making FaceTime and open standard was a huge surprise.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2