16 or 32 gig?

stogiefan@cox.net

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
In August I will be purchasing my 1st iPhone...I am wondering if I should get the 16 gb or 32 gb model.

I use my phone for work, personal calls and web surfing not so much for texting

any suggestions??

anon(4671651)

Jun 29, 2009
Visit site
8 gigs :D

i dont nee that much stuff, i use pandora for my music, other than some 2 gigs of music i have. then the movies and apps take up the rest of the space. I also have about 1500 photos on it, so i have to save room for those

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
It's funny though how quickly it grows on you! The iPhone is addictive! My daughter wanted a BB- she was convinced she would like it better. She got my iPhone and 3 months into her BB contract we were switching her over. You start to love having your stuff with you. :)

fubaracing7374

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I got 32 and am just about full. It's nice to have some movies with you and be able to play them whenever you want. Better to go big and have extra space then go small and regret it because you don't have any room.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Well my 32GB stopped syncing photos because it is full. I guess 26GB of music will do that to ya. Anyway. Chances are the iPhone being released in the coming weeks will be 32GB and 64GB, I say 64GB all the way. The extra hundred bucks upfront is nothing compared to the usage charge you pay month to month. Besides, wouldn't you want space and not need it, then need space and not have it?

tbran

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I have a 16gb and between apps, music, photos, video, it fills up fast. You will likely be getting a 4G, which will have HD video capability and so on. I would go for the 32GB if you have the cash or it's possible you will regret not going bigger, like I do

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
I have the 16GB 3GS and between music, apps, photo's I'm fine. Maybe 6GB is on it, nowhere near 16GB. I always move the pictures off the camera roll when I take them and if I want to keep them then after I'm done cleaning them up, I'll compress them and then sync them on my iPhone. I really only listen to music when at the gym or before a fight so I only have 144 songs on it, and 6 of those are actually audio books.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I still have my 8GB 3G and have 4 movies and about 60 apps/games, pics and still have 3.5gb of space on the phone. I think 16gb is fine but 32gb seems like over kill.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I got the 32GB 3GS last year thinking I was going to need the space. I rarely use my iPhone as an iPod or movie watching device ( I like to save battery and the screen is too small for long duration watching ).

While I have a ton of apps and a few GPS apps, I find I still have 24GB free. Were I to have had the 16GB device I'd still have about 1/2 free. I would have been fine with the 16GB.

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
I use my phone for work, personal calls and web surfing not so much for texting

If you are only using your iPhone as an actual phone the 16gb should be fine. If you plan to use it regularly as an iPod as well I recommend looking at how much music/movies/shows, etc you have in iTunes to help determine what size to get.

Take into consideration that 16gb and 32gb aren't really 16gb and 32gb. I think my 32gb 3GS technically has storage space for like 29.xx gb. I'm not sure what the 16gb has for actual space but if you look at the media files you want to put on the phone and it seems kinda close to 16gb you might as well play it safe and get the bigger model. I usually have around 10gb free but as my music library expands and the number of TV shows and movies I put on my phone increases it's nice to know that I don't have to move stuff off the phone to get new stuff on.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
If you dont load much media on it, 16GB is fine. I came from a 8GB last year to a 32GB and I only have 2.9 GB's available so if a 64 GB is released, I will be buying that

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
32GB seems right for me. I am about half full at this point. 163 apps, 500 photos, 800 songs and 55 videos. I think I can easily fill it up, but I think 64GB would be way more than I need. And yet...I hate the idea of running out of space, so I wouldn't be surprised if my next iPhone is 64GB, lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2