• After more than 15 years covering everything Apple, it’s with a heavy heart we announce that we will no longer be publishing new content on iMore and the iMore forums will be closing as of November 1st, 2024.

How Do I Display AM/PM on Lock Screen Clock?

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I feel so stupid that I didn't notice or that it didn't bother me before but there is no AM or PM listed on the clock time in the lock screen. I don't have the iPhone on 24 hour format and the half-fix of toggling it from 12 hour to 24 hour format and restarting it does not work no matter how many times I do it.

The reason I suddenly noticed this was that I awoke from a good nap after work suddenly and thought it was the next morning by looking at the lock screen clock on my iPhone around 6:45PM and around that time, the light coming in from outside looks like it could be morning so I almost went in to work thinking I was late! :rolleyes: I know, it's really a funny story but so true and I now I desperately need to find a way to put AM/PM back in the lock screen clock as it currently stands. :confused:

After searching, I understand on a previous OS it was there but now it seems to be absent. Could someone please help me with this or at least tell me how to do it by SSHing the iPhone? I really appreciate it.

img_0003.JPG

Last edited:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
It was there in a previous OS build?? I don't remember ever seeing that on 2.x or 3.x, and on the original 1.0 it certainly wasn't there.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
Alright, thanks guys.

I guess the existence of it on a previous OS was the so-called "half-fix" I mentioned. I also thought I saw a picture of someone with the AM/PM toggle in the Date and Time Settings on another forum. I don't know. It's kind of baffling how this hasn't come up since the iPhone debuted a few years ago. It's really kind of standard stuff in the U.S. to show AM and PM on clocks. Heck, it shows it on the home screens in the status bar. Why not on the lock screen? Interesting...

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ramzesenok