iPod Nano Meets iPod Touch?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I've been thinking, what exactly can Apple do with the next-gen nano?

I think the truly revolutionary option would be to turn it into the third iPhone OS device in the lineup.

I've included a render I did with a size comparison to the iPod touch. It's almost the same size as the iPod nano 5G, thought shorter and wider to accomodate the screen size.

It would have an approximately 3" screen, with 320x480 resolution. Probably an iPhone 3G processor/hardware set maybe with 128MB of ram. Probably 8/16GB storage to keep it in the cheap-end. And of course available in all colours, with front-cam for iChat and still/video cam on the back with mic (no flash).

Consumers seem to really want an iPod touch or iPhone with colours, so this could help settle that section of the market. :)

Last edited:

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Personally, the people who buy Nanos, IMO but them to throw them on their arms at the gym, or their pockets at work, or while exploring a city, along those lines. Nano buyers dont want storage, or apps, they just want their music, videos and podcasts. Apple has the iPhone, iPad, and The Touch. IMO the Nano and Classic will always be our familiar iPods, we've grown to love. Great idea, and mockup, but IMO the Nano and Classic will always be touch screen free!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Personally, the people who buy Nanos, IMO but them to throw them on their arms at the gym, or their pockets at work, or while exploring a city, along those lines. Nano buyers dont want storage, or apps, they just want their music, videos and podcasts. Apple has the iPhone, iPad, and The Touch. IMO the Nano and Classic will always be our familiar iPods, we've grown to love. Great idea, and mockup, but IMO the Nano and Classic will always be touch screen free!

Makes sense. I still wonder what exactly they intend to do with the nano though in order to make it new, and I personally believe that as soon as the iPod touch hits 128GB at an affordable price, they will kill the classic. It's so boring now and it has no future. I think soon enough, Apple will kill the clickwheel. Maybe 2011 on the iPod's 10 year anniversary.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Makes sense. I still wonder what exactly they intend to do with the nano though in order to make it new, and I personally believe that as soon as the iPod touch hits 128GB at an affordable price, they will kill the classic. It's so boring now and it has no future. I think soon enough, Apple will kill the clickwheel. Maybe 2011 on the iPod's 10 year anniversary.

I can see the classic having a slow death....but I think there's a tremendous market for the Nano always....it's size is the key, and it's price. It's perfect for the "not so techy, but want an ipod" type of crowd, the moms, the aunts, younger kids, etc....the nano IMO will always serve that market. However, lol, it's Apple, you never know whats next

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I just feel like there aren't any new features to add, and they've basically had the same design for 2 years now. The only thing they could add would be Bluetooth but I don't think Apple is crazy about that.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I can see the classic having a slow death....but I think there's a tremendous market for the Nano always....it's size is the key, and it's price. It's perfect for the "not so techy, but want an ipod" type of crowd, the moms, the aunts, younger kids, etc....the nano IMO will always serve that market. However, lol, it's Apple, you never know whats next

got to agree. people buy the nano to do all what you said earlier. this idea would be cool but I think it would deter people from the nano.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
got to agree. people buy the nano to do all what you said earlier. this idea would be cool but I think it would deter people from the nano.

I'm proposing that this could actually replace the nano, not be a separate product. It's almost the same size. In fact if I had my way this would also replace the iPod touch.. hahaha.. But I'm crazy.

It could be made quite inexpensive, when Apple makes iPods they get HUGE discounts on the parts, because they sell an incredible amount of iPods each year. They could actually keep it at the same price points, probably using parts almost as fast as the 3GS (which would be satisfactory for such an inexpensive product).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2