iPhone HD/4.0 pricing?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I believe price points are going to be set as

$199 for the 16Gb
$299 for the 32Gb
$399 for the 64GB

That just seems like the right set of prices for the phones.
of course they will be $100 more for the Early Upgrade Price.

I highly doubt they are going to go up to $399..

If there IS a 64GB model which there may not be, the 16GB model will be $99.

They aren't going above $299. :/

mtbenti

Jan 21, 2010
Visit site
Hope if they do release a 64gb model that it stays at $299 not that I need 64gb, my 32 gb 3GS is still half empty, but having got mine in feb I'll have to pay the early upgrade and always want the highest version they put out haha

Crayolaboi

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Hope for 64

I know whatever they're gonna release is gonna have that apple tax on it and we will all pay it. I'm really hoping there is a 64gb model. I have a 16gb 3gs and struggle to keep more then a gig free. I love apps and music videos/movies!!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I know whatever they're gonna release is gonna have that apple tax on it and we will all pay it. I'm really hoping there is a 64gb model. I have a 16gb 3gs and struggle to keep more then a gig free. I love apps and music videos/movies!!

However light-hearted your reference may be, the iPhone is actually a very fairly priced product for its industry and the iPhone 3G destroyed the pricing for modern smartphones back in 2008... Referring to it as expensive is simply not true and a little uninformed.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
i want and NEED a 64GB model so I can put my entire iTunes music library of 29GB on there and ditch my iPod Classic! Come on Steve hook us up!!!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
i want and NEED a 64GB model so I can put my entire iTunes music library of 29GB on there and ditch my iPod Classic! Come on Steve hook us up!!!

Honestly after we found out that prototype was 16GB I really doubt we'll see a 64GB version this year. It's because of the physical space limitations. Also, Apple has zero competition in the smartphone market for capacity.

Steve Doherty

May 8, 2010
Visit site
DoubleM, I used several HD camcorders with 4GB SD cards, and I honestly never found myself running out. 32GB is plenty.

I don't think Apple will go to a $399 price point. It's too expensive. There's no room to put more storage in the phone though, so we may have to wait another year for the chip tech to increase enough for 64GB iPhones... Also, there's ZERO industry pressure on the iPhone in terms of internal memory.. Seriously.

Totally agreed.. I have the 16GB 3G and it's half full - never even been close to
fully utilised. If Vodafone Oz gives me an upgrade option, 32GB will be more than
enough.

Steve

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
@Steve
yeah, had a 16GB 3G, then a 16GB 3GS. I've never really been more than half full. I only have about 7GB of music so it's not a huge issue for me.

ugahairydawgs

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Honestly after we found out that prototype was 16GB I really doubt we'll see a 64GB version this year. It's because of the physical space limitations. Also, Apple has zero competition in the smartphone market for capacity.

The space argument won't matter. Toshiba has developed the chip.

Toshiba Announces 64GB Flash Memory; Perfect For Next iPhone - PCWorld

Now whether Apple puts it in the device is an entirely different story. Personally, I hope they do. It will give me proper justification to pick one up because I will be able to dump my iPod classic. My iTunes library is just too big to fit on a 32GB iPhone.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The space argument won't matter. Toshiba has developed the chip.

Toshiba Announces 64GB Flash Memory; Perfect For Next iPhone - PCWorld

Now whether Apple puts it in the device is an entirely different story. Personally, I hope they do. It will give me proper justification to pick one up because I will be able to dump my iPod classic. My iTunes library is just too big to fit on a 32GB iPhone.

Whether or not it exists there are other factors that go into the decision, such as hardware specifics in terms of quality in important areas and production costs. The fact that we've seen a 16GB model that appears to be finished (no screws on the bottom) tells me that we might be stuck with 16/32 again.

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
As far as price points go, I was really surprised when the new iPhone prototype leak pics came out with the back labeled "16 GB". I really thought they'd increase memory. So maybe in an effort to stick with their price points they'll have 16GB at 199, 32GB at 299 and then maybe 64GB at 399? I dunno, but I hope so, 32GB isn't gonna be enough for me if they have HD video recording. I'll blow through 32 GB pretty quick.

Note, PROTOTYPE! It will be 32GB and 64GB. I can guarantee this. I have over 25GB of music alone on my phone, therefore I NEED more than 32GB, my current 3GS has 1GB free at best.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Note, PROTOTYPE! It will be 32GB and 64GB. I can guarantee this. I have over 25GB of music alone on my phone, therefore I NEED more than 32GB, my current 3GS has 1GB free at best.

Just because you want it doesn't mean it's guaranteed. Haha..

I don't know if chip technology is advanced and cheap enough for Apple to upgrade capacity this year.