Question on email addresses

Shlov1

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
When I am entering the To: field a bunch of email addresses automatically pop up. Some of them are old and no longer work. For example my one friends old and new email addresses pop up. Is there a way to delete old addresses that I no longer use or need. they are not saved to anyone's contact information and just seem to be cached. On outlook I can just hit delete when they pop up but it doesn't seem to be that way on here. Any suggestions? thanks.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
they are probably saved as no-name addresses... check your contact book... i dont believe the os caches email addresses, but rather just queries the addressbook DB.

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
No they're most likely not in your address book unless you saved them yourself. Email does in fact cache them and they'll go away after they're not used for a long time. I'm not sure on the actual time frame.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
It takes a long time for them to go away if they do at all. I know one email in particular that I had used ONE time, and 6 months later it still pops up when I begin to type.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
maybe the auto add to addressbook is a mobileme feature... because i am generally erasing a few no-name email addresses via the web site about once a month...

rgar3388

Jun 12, 2009
Visit site
You must have a glitch or are pushing something wrong because I have mobileme and I don't have that problem. You should ask tech support.

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
The iPhone's email client stores each email address you type in a SQL database which is stored on the phone. There are two ways getting these unwanted addresses from popping up when composing an email:

1. Jailbreak the phone, SSH into the directory where the database is stored, download it, open it with MySQL Lite, edit the tables, save it, and then upload it back to the phone.

2. Restore as a new phone and not from a previous backup.

Pain in the butt? Yes. Any other way of doing it? Not that I'm aware of.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
You must have a glitch or are pushing something wrong because I have mobileme and I don't have that problem. You should ask tech support.

the more i looked into this on my side... it was a sync issue between google contacts and mobileme.. where google DOES save new emails to your phone book, then it sync'd to my local addressbook which is sync'd to mobile me... totally an issue on my end...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll