have you tried NOT using a screen protector?

isaac65

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
I haven't used one for quite a while, but I keep it in a micro suede sleeve when I'm not using it. Unlike the screen, the casing is very prone to scratching and I HATE scratches.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I've never put a screen protector on my 3GS and no scratches to date. My screen is crystal clear. I do have a case that covers the face when not in use, though. As far as finger prints? I just wipe them away, no prob.

suitebliss

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I have a mirrored screen protector on my iphone, but I honestly use it as a mirror only. The iphone really doesn't need a screen protector on it.

Chris71

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I currently have a anti glare one on mine and seriously thinking about taking it off. from the posts here it sounds like the 3GS screen is pretty stout.

rknowlt

Feb 27, 2009
Visit site
Never ever. I have never put one onto my own iPhones, nor have I ever encountered one on a friend's phone that I have liked. The 3GS oleophobic coating is PRIME just the way it is. The actual glass never scratches, and the coating keeps fingerprints from sticking, as well as being the most pleasant feeling touchscreen I have ever used.

mo98

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
The glass screen may be scratch resistant but it's not scratch proof. It will get scratches over time. They may not be real notiable but they are there. I use a screen protector for resale value.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
The glass screen may be scratch resistant but it's not scratch proof. It will get scratches over time. They may not be real notiable but they are there. I use a screen protector for resale value.

That's not necessarily true. I have zero scratches on mine, in fact I've never had a single scratch on any of my 5 iPhones, and I never used a case once. Even when I clean them off and look at them with intense lights and everything there really isn't a single scratch, and I am a dropper. It really depends on a lot of things, so saying they "will get scratches over time" isn't really true.

mo98

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
Sorry. I just have a hard time believing that. I've never owned any kind of mobile device that didn't get at the least those small hairline scratches. Not saying it's impossible, but highly unlikely. If the iPhone somehow acheived scratch-proof status Jobs would be making a big deal about it and the accessary companies would stop manufacturing screen shields for iPhones.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Well, Jobs can't say it's completely scratch-proof, nothing is. But, there's a reason screen protectors are not sold at the Apple store. And I'd gladly show you my iPhone if I could. There are tons of scratches on the crappy back, but the screen is flawless. Not a single imperfection.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Really? I'm pretty sure I remember reading that they recently stopped selling them at all/most apple stores. Maybe they had inventory left to clear out. Not sure.

jay0heavenly

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
I've had a screen protector and incase slider case on mine since day 1. Necessary for the iPhone? Maybe.

Necessary for my sanity? Absolutley!

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
I have had my 3GS since launch date last year and have never once put any form of a case or screen protector on it. They all just look bad. AND, the device is perfectly fine with no scratches on the screen or smudges or anything. it looks pristine.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I have had my 3GS since launch date last year and have never once put any form of a case or screen protector on it. They all just look bad. AND, the device is perfectly fine with no scratches on the screen or smudges or anything. it looks pristine.

Same... I just feel like it's a bastardization of the design. Haha..

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I was using screen protectors for a couple of months. I got tired of having to change them because of dirt getting under them. I'm not a fan of them anymore.

awboy#IM

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I absolutely hate screen protectors. I purchased the phone to look and function beautifully and I feel that SPs prevent that. I'd rather have a few scratches than a worse experience.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2