iPhone Sync Hangs, iPad Flies

John-Fox

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Ever since either my Windows 7 upgrade, or an iTunes upgrade, or the latest iPhone OS upgrade (I can't remember when it started), sometime in there I began experiencing an up to five minute hang in iTunes at the very end of my iPhone sync. I just learned to live with it (or aborted the sync via iPhone if i had to). But with iPad the sync flows smoothly, no hangs. Since iPad does not have the issue of hanging, can anyone speculate on a fix for me?

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that my 3GS and iPad both fly when syncing, (iPad is by far the fastest.) ... My wife's 3G is very slow and does hang as well, she doesn't have anything installed that I don't ... I even did a factory restore .. Its very slow!

Bob2010

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Easy fix for 2 corrupted files in the latest ITUNES release

RE: Sync problems with OUTLOOK and Iphone/Itunes -

Proven Solution:

There are 2 corrupted files in the new Itunes release and they need to be replaced. See the fix posted to all of this in this thread if you are using 32bit Windows.
posted in discussions.apple.com on Apr. 8, 2010
In two seconds everything was fixed. Just download the file he posted, unzip the two files and then simply copy these two files to the c:/windows/system32.
No more problems and everything syncs correctly with Outlook.

Hillclimber100

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi Guys,i also have the same problem except i have a brand new Sony laptop with Windows 7 64bit,the latest itunes and a 3GS fully updated.Sometimes my itunes hangs as soon as i try to sync sometimes not but it still takes an age,i sync almost every day to get podcasts so ive resorted to an old 2gb iPod nano for now which syncs like a dream bye the way.This pakage cost me well over a ?1000 and to say im not happy is an under statement.I have removed and replaced music,podcasts,photos,apps etc,restarted both laptop and phone numerous times,downloaded a new itunes and still it just sits there doing nothing.As the end of the month now approaches ive just realized that i will need to update my calander and this problem becomes even more annoying.
Any help on this really would make my life sooo much better :)

Bob2010

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Solution

pcr23 Re: iTUNEs 9.1.0.79 Major bug syncing iPhone with Outlook 2007 !
Posted: Apr 8, 2010 4:18 AM in response to: PerMoller

Hillclimber100

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the post Bob but i am not using MS Office.I have discovered that if i restart both itunes and my iphone i get one sync,this will have to do for now.Ive also went back to pen and paper for my calander !- and i had the silly illusion that i was now living in the digital world :-0

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2