Do you think Apple will discontinue the 16GB?

Do you think Apple will discontinue the 16GB for the new iPhone?

• Yes

Votes: 16 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 20 55.6%

• Total voters

RonHC

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
If History is bound to repeat itself, You would know that after each new iPhone is released, the lowest storage model is discontinued

iPhone 2G [1st Gen]: 8GB and 4GB
iPhone 3G: 8GB and 16GB [4GB Model discontinued]
iPhone 3GS: 16GB and 32GB [8GB Model discontinued

So what do you think?

I think its a 50/50 chance but who knows. Seeing how both the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS had a minimum of $199 for the lowest storage on its release. It might be awesome to see the 32GB Model [of the new iPhone] being $199 but one can dream :rolleyes:

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
If History is bound to repeat itself, You would know that after each new iPhone is released, the lowest storage model is discontinued

iPhone 2G [1st Gen]: 8GB and 4GB
iPhone 3G: 8GB and 16GB [4GB Model discontinued]
iPhone 3GS: 16GB and 32GB [8GB Model discontinued

So what do you think?

I think its a 50/50 chance but who knows. Seeing how both the iPhone 3G and iPhone 3GS had a minimum of $199 for the lowest storage on its release. It might be awesome to see the 32GB Model [of the new iPhone] being $199 but one can dream :rolleyes:

History quite often repeats itself at Apple.

I believe the 16GB 3GS will stay in production and be sold at $99.

The G4 iPhone will either be 32GB and 64GB, or remain at 16GB and 32GB, but the price points won't change. However I think the differences are going to have to be quite obvious (and worth $100) for the consumer if the capacities do not change...

Either way, it's going to be an exciting launch!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Totally exciting. I almost went to a 3GS until I realized how close we are to June/July. Then the whole leak. Yea, I'm waiting. I have a couple of months to say goodbye to my BlackBerry.

No more shall you be bound by the shackles of one exchange account, no more will your inputs be limited by a physical keyboard, no more shall your apps cost $39 while they are $2 (and, better I might add) on iPhone!

You shall be freed from the clutches of RIM. lmao

congrats XD

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Ha, totally. I'm really excited to move to the iPhone. Just waiting it out for June/July. Funny, since I made the decision, I have been using my iPod touch a LOT more.

Yeah.. iPod touch is a gateway drug. I had the first gen iPod touch, as the iPhone wasn't available in Canada. I never knew how great the experience of the iPhone was until I got the iPod touch, but I still wasn't completely sold on it as a phone. Then I saw how it handled text messages, the seamless threading and sorting by contact... And I HAD to have it. :p I was gonna spring $500 something for an unlocked one, luckily the 3G came out before I did that.

RonHC

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree with the post above, I think that the 16Gig 3GS will become the sell for $99

If they do that, then i bet Apple will do the low blow and say it will have limits [ie: like it cant have "this" feature] just like they did to the iPod Touch 8GB 3rd Generation. it didnt have Voice Control and now its not getting the Multitasking while the 32GB AND 64GB are getting the feature

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
If they do that, then i bet Apple will do the low blow and say it will have limits [ie: like it cant have "this" feature] just like they did to the iPod Touch 8GB 3rd Generation. it didnt have Voice Control and now its not getting the Multitasking while the 32GB AND 64GB are getting the feature

Well we already know what features the 16GB 3GS are getting so that point is kind of moot.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone think the pricing structure will stay the same? Because I'm hoping it will. So that the 64 GB (or whatever the biggest gb size is) will be $399. I feel kind of dumb buying the 16gb 3GS last November, but even then I knew I was going to buy the new one in June, but I didn't think I would really need that much space especially since I was planning on getting the new one anyway but I really should've gotten the 32 GB now that I think about it.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone think the pricing structure will stay the same? Because I'm hoping it will. So that the 64 GB (or whatever the biggest gb size is) will be $399. I feel kind of dumb buying the 16gb 3GS last November, but even then I knew I was going to buy the new one in June, but I didn't think I would really need that much space especially since I was planning on getting the new one anyway but I really should've gotten the 32 GB now that I think about it.

Err no, the 64GB won't be $399. Apple isn't going to go that high because they will not leave a 16GB 3GS at $199. If they keep a 16GB device around, it will be a $99 16GB 3GS.

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Err no, the 64GB won't be $399. Apple isn't going to go that high because they will not leave a 16GB 3GS at $199. If they keep a 16GB device around, it will be a $99 16GB 3GS.

Now that I look back on that post it really wasn't that clear, sorry for that lol I'm in college and it's finals week.

So how much will the 64GB be then?

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Now that I look back on that post it really wasn't that clear, sorry for that lol I'm in college and it's finals week.

So how much will the 64GB be then?

Like I said the price models will stay the same. There will likely be a 32GB and 64Gb model, at $199 and $299.

The 16GB 3GS will be at $99.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2