Your #1 Most Wanted Next Generation iPhone Hardware Feature

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
We want to know if you were creating the latest Apple iPhone what is the number one thing you'd add to the hardware that is absolutely a must in your mind.

Let's hear it...

I'm going with a much improved screen resolution.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
If there was only 1 thing I could add it would be a notification led on the top edge like blackberrys have.

Yup, just a single thing. I've learned to live without a notification LED but I can see where a former BlackBerry user would miss it. :)

sayam

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
A Super AMOLED display or maybe a glowing apple logo like that mod back in the time of iPhone 2G, either would do the trick for me :p

mo98

Feb 24, 2010
Visit site
I would also love to see a notification light. Maybe they could make the Menu button light up for notifications.

Also, I would prefer a slide lock/sleep switch on the right side to the button on top. Or at least they could put the button on the side where the thumb naturally sits when holding the phone in the right hand. I love this switch on my Nokia 5800XM. So easy and convenient.

mapleleaf

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Definitely a notification LED...can't believe it doesn't have one!

After that, all I want to be able to do is CHANGE THE FRICKIN' TEXT MESSAGE RINGTONE TO SOMETHING CUSTOM!! (withOUT jailbreaking that is...) Is this the only phone in the free world that doesn't let you do this?!?!?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
We want to know if you were creating the latest Apple iPhone what is the number one thing you'd add to the hardware that is absolutely a must in your mind.

Let's hear it...

I'm going with a much improved screen resolution.

+1 The current screen resolution blows. I really hope they improve that.

ericg1840

Jan 6, 2009
Visit site
the notification light would be cool. they should do something similar to what they already have on the macbooks with the sleep indicator light. If they could some how implement that into the earpiece part of the phone that would be awesome.

tulliver

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
Thinner, like the iTouch.

Ptsch, speak for yourself - I'm pretty happy with its current form, needs to change slightley though as this design is getting a bit boring (can you improve on perfection though!?). Higher res screen is a given but imo it's all about the software so the only harware I'd appreciate is anything to make it go faster :cool: and the much needed better camera :rolleyes:

seb_or_sam

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
A physical keyboard. Sorry, but even after nearly 2 years with my iPod Touch, I still don't like the virtual keyboard. Yeah, it's great for some people, I get it, but come on, Apple, at least give us a second model with a virtual keyboard. It would be an option. You don't want it, get the virtual-keyboard one. Come on, apple!

PS: I'd like it to be a vertical sliding keyboard, like the Palm Pre, but the keyboard should be in the style of the Palm Pixi (which has a much better keyboard, IMO)

MobileMania

Banned
Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I would include the internet. Therefore one can have access to various applications and networks on the worldwideweb. I would also want to have a better headset.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77