Replacement Parts and Photos

stckbrkr2002

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I am new to the iPhone. A relative who lives 5000 miles away gave me a 3G 16GB. The microphone will barely pick up (I have to speak very loudly for a caller to hear me). The speakers aren't very loud. And the HOME button must be pressed fairly hard before it is recognized.

Can the repair parts be purchased online and installed myself? If so, where from for good pricing and reliability?

Also, there are a few GBs of photos of another relative and her kids on this phone. When I begin to sync the photos on my Windows XP using iTunes 9.0, I get a warning that ALL photos on the iPhone will be deleted. How can I get these photos off so that I can burn them to a DVD and mail them to her?

Thank you

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
on the photo sync, don't sync, you want to use the scanner and camera wizard to copy them off of the phone.

it usually shows up in My Computer when you connect the phone and you can open it up from there.

stckbrkr2002

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks, but...

The scanner and camera wizard will work for the photos taken with the iPhone, but not with theses photos that were apparently synced from another computer...

any other ideas?

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
You cannot remove the photos that were synced from another computer. Since the pictures got there in the first place by being on her computer, why does she need a copy of them?

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Take a screenshot of each photo.....press and hold the HOME button and then press and release the SLEEP button. This will put a copy of the photo in your camera roll. Now access your camera roll using wizard, as suggested by flyingember, and download the photos.

stckbrkr2002

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the suggestion, but I think it would wear out those buttons after a few thousand times... LOL

I guess these issues are what keep the PCs alive...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2