iPod Nano frozen

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
First off, I wasn't sure whether to post this in this forum or the iPhone & iPod: Music, Movies, Ripping, and Remixing forum. So I went with this one.

So I went outside this AM to finish shoveling snow. I took my 4th Gen iPod Nano (16GB) along with me to cure the boredom. The battery read 1/2 charge so I was ready to go! Or so I thought...

The Nano played about 6 songs before stopping. At that time, I pulled it out of my inside-coat pocket to see that the battery now was down to almost nothing and the screen had frozen. It was showing the exact point where the song stopped and the clock is frozen at 8:18. And the iPod won't respond to any button pushing. In the upper-left corner it indicates that the iPod is in both shuffle & regular play modes. How can that be??

I tried charging the iPod and it didn't take. I tried powering off by holding down the "Play" button, but that had no effect. I also tried syncing to my iTunes, and it didn't recognize the iPod.

So I'm now left with a nice looking black paper weight. I've had iPods for years and never experienced this before. Is there a way to unlock it? And before you ask, yes I checked the "lock" switch on top of the iPod. :rolleyes: Any ideas TiPb crew??

jglowe74

Jun 9, 2009
joshlowe.posterous.com
Disregard. Got it unfrozen. Still find it odd that this even happened. I followed the steps on How to reset iPod (for future reference to anyone else having this issue):

1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)

2. Press and hold the Menu and Center (Select) buttons simultaneously until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 8 seconds. You may need to repeat this step.

Tip: If you are having difficulty resetting your iPod, set it on a flat surface. Make sure the finger pressing the Select button is not touching any part of the click wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Menu button toward the outside of the click wheel, and not near the center.

If the above steps did not work, try connecting iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is turned on and isn't set to go to sleep.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2