All bars and no reception?

mrkurch

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
New to the iPhone. In my house, I previously had no issues with a 3 yr old flip phone but since I purchased the iPhone, it seems it can do anything but make or receive a call. Full bars on the screen - but it does not connect. If I go outside, it works. I did shut it off to attempt to reset - no luck. Any ideas on what might be happening or a fix?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Perform an actual reset by holding down the top button and home button for ~10 seconds until the Apple logo appears on the screen. If that doesn't work restore your iPhone.

Are you new to AT&T? How long ago did you get the iPhone?

mrkurch

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I did that type of reset with the logo appearing, etc.... Still no luck. The phone is 2 days old. Not new to ATT - been a customer for years going back to Cingular. Always had Nokia phones until now. I like the phone - just frustrating. How do you restore the phone and do I lose anything in doing it?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Also try toggling 3G off then back on.

To restore your iPhone connect to iTunes and in the summary page of the iPhone you will see the restore button. It will put it back to factory settings. After it's done it will ask if you want to set it up from a back up or as new. Try from back up first, if that doesn't work you will need to try it as new. If that fails it's time to call Apple and get a new iPhone.

mrkurch

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
Well fellow users, I've done all of the suggestions and still no luck. I appreciate all of the feedback so far. Does anyone think the WiFi in the house, might have anything to do with it? Next step might be to try shutting it down to see if that has any impact on it.... My previous phone had no problems and my wife's Pantech has no problems so I am doubtful that WiFi 'should' impact any cell device, but you never know I guess.

mrkurch

Jan 20, 2010
Visit site
I can make calls outside of my house - still think it might be a configuration issue? Keep in mind, my old phone worked in my house and my other family member's phones work as well ... that is what is so puzzling.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Call AT&T and see if they can do anything. If not call Apple or go to a store if one is close by and they will give you a new iPhone. These are the last things you can do. Something is wrong with the one you have.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2