AddExchange

sliberty

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I have wanted to be able to have 2 Active Sync email accounts since getting my iPhone, and now, finally I can. A new app (Jailbreak) has been released and it allows you to add a second Active Sync email/contacts/calendar account to your iPhone. I tested with GMail, and it is working like a charm. My next step will be the real test - getting it to work with my home Exchange server (in addition to my work Exchange server).

If your iPhone is Jailbroken and you have wanted to be able to sync fully with work and personal systems, now you can.

Note - the limit is two accounts. Three would be nice, - maybe someday.

GSquared#IM

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
The app is called "AddExchange" Also 1.5 was the last feature complete update of the 1.x series, from now on 1.x will be bug fixes as I am working on 2.0 which will have few other features hopefully.

Last edited:

e1miran

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
I installed it last night and set up gmail and the second exchange account. It works flawlessly. I'm just gauging battery usage to see what the effect might be with 2 exchange accounts.

GSquared#IM

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Well someone made an app for doing the same thing mine does but for $0.99 an update of mine has not sync'ed to the repo yet but it has multi-account support and a few fixes in code.

bmn#IM

Nov 3, 2008
www.bugmenot.com
AddExchange does works the same way as Apple's Settings. It modifies the plist. I was wrong sorry. I guess I should do more looking up next time....

Last edited:

GSquared#IM

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
MultiExchange allows you to add multiple exchange servers, it works in a much cleaner and safer way then AddExchange.

Well everyone that would like to pay for something that is already free can use that. As for cleaner and safer, please do describe how Apple adds an account to your device when you use the Settings.app, oh right, the same way AddExchange does. It edits the plist and adds the information that the user gives. I'm glad we have settled that.

Also signing in under a *bugmenot* name and promoting an app in another app's thread...way to go.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
would you mind telling us how to get this?
i have searched cydia and rock, no luck so far.
thanks

GSquared#IM

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
It will be up again tomorrow afternoon (US Time) which is usually when the BigBoss repo does their sync of all the updates they receive. :)

EDIT: Link from iWatcher if you don't want to wait that long for the new update coming - hxxp://plugin.name/apt.iwatcher.net/debs/UmIkKMHhMQIfhbW3whggLA/addexchange_1.2.deb

Last edited:

GSquared#IM

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
No problem, I try to respond to any inquiry as quick as I can :)

The update has already been submitted, so on the next sync it should be there if all goes well :)

GSquared#IM

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Cool thanks mate

where do i put this deb file, any instructions?

You can just use something like diskaid or WinSCP to drop it into /var/tmp/ and then use ssh to execute "dpkg -i addexchange_1.2.deb" without the quotes.

As for battery life, I have many addons running on my phone including this one and use my phone for at least an hour a day for talk and more for internet, and I usually have about 30% when I am done for the day.

Last edited:

MacBipes

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
I am having issues with my email accounts after installing AddExchange. I am getting a "cannot connect to server" error with the new exchange email address. The old accounts work fine. I have tried to uninstall the new email address, restore to old email, and uninstall AddExchange. That did not solve. Also, getting a certificate error from my mail server, as well. Mail is working fine on Windows machine through Outlook 2010.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2