Soon to be iphone owner, please help...

deadly_shuriken

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I'm finally looking to making my first iphone purchase this weekend and had a few questions:

1. Is there a new iphone coming out soon? Should I hold off until the new iphone comes out (is it going to be that much better than the 3GS?)

2. Are there still issues with the screen getting scratched because of the new coating the put on the phone? Is it a good idea to put one of those screen covers?

3. Can I buy the iphone at the Apple store and then call ATT regarding the discount for the plan that I get through my work? Or would it be better to just go buy the phone at ATT?

4. Is the Applecare warranty worth it? What does it cover?

5. Does iTunes allow for me to upload all my MP3s to my iphone, regardless of weather they were purchased thru itunes or not?

I think that is it for now, I know its alot sorry :p

Also, any extra advice about my purchase would be much appreciated (its my first iphone)

Thanks in advance!

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
1 - the earliest a new iPhone will be coming out is around June. There is nothing known about the new device.

2 - we've had discussions here, some people feel the glass scratches easier, others disagree. To be safe I added a screen protector.

3 - I'm not entirely sure, about this.

4 - it only covers hardware failure and battery failure. I did NOT extend the Apple Care warranty and instead got one though https://forums.imore.com/e?link=htt...www.squaretrade.com%2Fpages%2F&token=_5L2VYB-

5 - with the exception of some older DRM songs from iTunes you should be able to sync nearly all your MP3 to play on your iPhone ( assuming you have the space ).

deadly_shuriken

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
Thank you sir.

So would you consider it a good time to buy an iphone or just wait? What does the squaretrade warranty cover? How much was it?

Also, anyone know the answer to #3 please?

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
3. The way things work at my job is that we have a carrier rep that handles the special rates we get and he also handles any hardware upgrades, such as new phones.

Keep in mind that this may not be the way your company does business. However, it's a good place to start.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Thank you sir.

So would you consider it a good time to buy an iphone or just wait? What does the squaretrade warranty cover? How much was it?

Also, anyone know the answer to #3 please?

Well, if you want to wait another 7 months, feel free to wait. I got my 3GS in July and I love it. If I was looking to upgrade right now, knowing what I know now, I'd still do it.

flyingember

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
1. No one has any way of knowing either way

2. Mine rides in my pocket and has zero scratches. My 3G had zero scratches. My 2G had zero scratches.

3. You can call later. That's what I did.

5. If they are mp3s, yes.

deadly_shuriken

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
Sweet...

Does the phone come with a 1 year warranty that covers everything?

Also, is there a recommendation thread for the best free/paid apps to get once I get my Iphone?

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
It covers software and hardware failures, but NOT failures due to drops and spills. The Squaretrade warranty I posted earlier DOES cover drops and spills ( ie, you drop your iPhone and the screen cracks....they cover that, Apple does not. )

deadly_shuriken

Aug 14, 2009
Visit site
It covers software and hardware failures, but NOT failures due to drops and spills. The Squaretrade warranty I posted earlier DOES cover drops and spills ( ie, you drop your iPhone and the screen cracks....they cover that, Apple does not. )

Let me ask you this about Squaretrade....does it have to be within a certain date after you purchased the phone?

Technically, I could buy that warranty right after my screen cracked or somethin happened to the phone?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77