2 restore or not

fogducker

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
If i restore will it upgrade to itunes 9.1 will it auto upgrade baseband to 3.?????. It was at 3.0 before my problems.:

I have a problem with my iphone and i need your expert help. I have tried everything i can think of with no luck.
My problem was when i tried to sync with itunes....when the phone on the usb tried to make connection...i got a blue screen and before i can read it the puter reboots. I have xp sp2 and it might have messed up the drivers for usb.
I tried another puter and installed itunes 8 i then held the home button and itunes recognised restore mode i then tried to restore from ipsw backup file and i got half way through and crashed leaving my phone in restore mode with the screen with usb plug pointing to itunes.
I tried another puter and when i tried restore it says it can't restore with error 5 as the reason. If i try just a restore it says it will restore like original with update software and im afraid it will update to 3.1/? and it will lock. It is/was at 3.0 when the trouble started.

I have been working on this for days because i didn't want to bug you but i give up........can you help....please....please Thanks

teryan2006

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
Restore

Yes, restore through iTunes will also be to the latest available version of the software. And yes, it will re-lock if you are using your iphone on an unsupported carrier. I don't think you have much of a choice.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2