If the iPhone didn't exist, what phone would you be using?

mtheartist

Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
I'd probably be using anything LG like the Voyager or the Envy. I take a lot of pics and LG does a great job of integrating quality lenses. I also like the full keyboard option. As a former Blackberry owner and salesman, i never really liked the browser so I feel that one doesn't have to own a blackberry when we can simply get by on any old full qwerty keyboard. As hard as they try, no manufacturer has been able to make a competitive phone browser yet. Nothing comes close to the iphone's browsing capabilities. Try downloading copies of your processed checks from your online bank account on your blackberry! Without the iPhone, everything else in Internet browsing is primitive. And to think some may argue the iPhone is not a smartphone but rather a toy, I think it's beyond a smartphone unless someone can prove me wrong and point out the reasons why.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I would be using the phone I had before my 2G Motorolla Ming. It had everything the Iphone has less Wifi just at a lower technological level. I would have considered the pr? but then think it's too flimsy. I don't really like HTC but the one my cousin has looks pretty sweet.

tenacgal#IM

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I would definitely say it would be a blackberry bold. I had a curve before I had my iphone and there are some features I miss. I am still adjusting to the iphone and I love it!

JrSaldivar

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
I would probably still be with Verizon using a Storm as that's what I was going to get before a VZW rep insulted my intelligence by telling me that Windows Mobile is "where it's at". Oops...a little ranting??
Would be waiting for the "Droid"

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I would be using my Palm Treo 650/GSM/PalmOS. I still use it for nav and one or two other apps. Still works great.

I would have a bad taste in my mouth that I was still using a Palm product when Palm has abandoned both GSM and Palm OS. There may be a few CDMA users who wish that Apple had a product on Verizon or Sprint.

The iPhone is my favorite computer and its OS has my favorite user interface.

ninjamattic

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
That's a tough question for me to answer. The truth is there are a lot of phones on the market now that probably wouldn't have existed if the iPhone hadn't first paved the way. At least not for a while. RIM, LG, Samsung, HTC all had great devices available already, but the iPhone changed the standard for them all. We have things like Android devices today because of the massive niche that Apple carved with its innovative capacitive touch, efficient and stable computer based OS (WinMo is a joke), and much more. Sure the first generation lacked in some basic functions like picture messaging and the ability to install third party applications, but the platform was so amazing that a community arose to resolve these problems on their own. Jailbreaking revolutionized the use of an already revolutionary device, and eventually forced Apple to implement the App Store, MMS support, and myriad of other fixes. My wife is still using a first gen iPhone and is completely satisfied with it. Truth be told I would probably have ended up using one of Nokia's Symbian offerings or a BlackBerry, as those were the only smart phones at the time that really gave me the use I was looking for. Even so, having experienced the iPhone from first gen to now, there is now no other device that I can live with, and I've tried. The iPhone simply outstrips them all.

milani

Jul 17, 2008
ambientrings.com
I would look at another smart phone. However, if you assume that Andriod, Palm Pre, etc, wouldn't exist without the iPhone, which drove technology forward, I guess I would either get a BlackBerry or another Motorola (I had a Razr before the iPhone - yet I'm that guy).

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I'd have the Tilt 2. I loved my original tilt and I love being able to customize my winmo phone with different cooked roms and apps. BB's are nice too.