16GB 3G S to 32GB 3G S

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Good evening all -

I have a 16GB, and I've ordered a 32GB. When I get it, I should be able to connect to iTunes, and just sync all my data, right?

Do I have to choose 'new', or something 'else'?

Thanks in advance

Ivan

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
i saw your post re your getting a new iphone, i think you can sync up to 5 devices to the same machine. DRM stuff might be different.

I was wondering if you're going to be selling your 16gb and if so how much are you looking for?

DRTigerlilly

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
ok now i've done a little more research and found this :
on apple support search for kb HT2109

so essentially what you're going to do is sync your 16gb and then restore the info from your 16 gb (the backup) to the 32gb.

sorry i don't have privileges to post links yet.

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
The process is the same as if you are upgrading from a 3G to a 3GS. You just run a backup on the existing phone, and when you plug in the new phone to sync for the first time, you should get a pop up window that says a backup was found for a different device (the 3G, or 16GB, in your case). It will ask you if you want to use the backup to restore data on your device.

Although, it may ask you to update the software for the phone first, as in 3.1, if the new phone doesn't have the upgrade, yet. I guess it depends when the store actually received the device, it could have 3.0, 3.0.1, or 3.1 on it. Everyone may also want to know if you are going to be able to use MMS on the phone right out of the box. It would mean that AT&T is serious about the 25th.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77