iphone 2G operating system

seawalking

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
im new to the fourms and getting ready to buy a 2G phone my question is about operating system upgrades will 3.0 upgrade work on 2G phone. I know the 3 Gs is a faster phone but we dont have 3G where i live and buy the time i get to the 2year up grade i can get one at a cheeper price. till then will be using the 2G.
thanks

rkbrown81

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
Yes. OS 3.0 will work on an iPhone 2G. I used it on mine before I got the 3GS. Now my wife uses my 2G and the OS is fine. But why wouldn't it come pre-loaded with OS 3.0 since it's a free update for iPhone users?

Last edited:

rkbrown81

Jan 26, 2009
Visit site
I love it! Where are you getting your 2G from? eBay? a friend? You should ask if they already have OS 3.0 installed. If not, once your iPhone is activated, you can download and install the newest OS through iTunes.

GMJeff

May 3, 2009
Visit site
Sure it will work, but the question is will it run like a tired dog. The 3G has a few issues when it comes to running the 3.0 OS, too. The 3GS has a faster processor to run all of the bells and whistles that 3.0 has to offer.

I guess I am just saying to be careful when upgrading the phone to 3.0, as there could be some performance issues. There will also be some options/apps in 3.0 that the 2G iphone will not install, also.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2