What native iPhone application/feature do you use least?

Polywog#IM

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
I'd say stocks and the weather app (WeatherEye is amazing.)

Contacts App - Not sure why this is even here, looks like it provides "duplicate functionality" to me with what's in "Phone"; lulz Apple.

Maybe you should consider that the iPod Touch doesn't have a Phone, and that they share the same firmware...

eldiablojoe

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
I don't use voice memos much.

I use notes often, and I access the stocks once a day just to see where the Dow Jones is going. I like the clock (use it for timing meat I have on the bbq).

Since I'm one of those guys who hates talking on the telephone and would much prefer email or text, I much prefer to access everything through the contacts feature, not through the phone. That way I pull up my contact and decide how I want to get a hold of them, or to get their fax number or alternate email or whatever else I need. Besides, I put a lot of my vendors, clients, and stores in there so I can add notes such as their hours, preferences, etc. I find it better for me than accessing through the phone's directory.

YMMV

eldiablojoe

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Voice memos and compass
God, I hope you are kidding. I know the compass to use as an actual compass is not very useful, but the ability to have the compass in the phone allows for some crazy geo-physical and directional apps to be developed. Yelp's Monocle feature is just a baby-step example of the things to come. No, compass is very necessary, IMHO.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I'd probably say weather. I've jotted down the occasional note, and I've used the voice memo when my wife mentions something we need at the store (but would always forget since it's a "comment in passing" thing). I have two 3rd party weather apps that I use. Don't know the last time I opened up the native weather app.

tchaves

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Definitely contacts. Why is that its own application? I only access it from phone. Also voice memos has rarely been opened.

seeder122

Aug 26, 2009
Visit site
1. iTunes - I live in Slovakia. We dont have iTunes here. Only App Store and iTunes U
2. Stocks - I really don't see any purpose for it
3. Clock - erm... The alarms sound only if the iPhone is on. Really "useful" for morning waking. I need my battery for better purpose.

Jan Nagurski

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
First Post

This is my first post to any blog in the history of the universe, so I purposefully chose an easy one. Stocks. Hey! I have no money and am never likely to have any to invest, especially on Social Security. :eek:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77