Hello everyone,

I am new to this community, so please excuse any involuntary blunders...
    I have just moved from Mexico to the US. In Mexico I had been using an unlocked iPhone bought in the US. Tonight I connected my iPhone to my computer (still with the Mexican SIM) and iTunes said there was a new software I could download and install. When I did, iTunes said 'The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported Carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported Carrier's store to receive a replacement SIM card'. The worst part is, the iPhone went nuts and now will only let me make emergency calls! I need my contacts, pictures, music! Heeeelp!
    Thank you!

HH
    08-10-2009 04:58 AM
    Take the sim card out and update>Jailbreak> and Unlock
    08-10-2009 08:37 AM
    un-jailbreak the phone.

there is no way to be 100% sure your phone will work while jailbreaked
    08-10-2009 09:50 AM
    Thank you both for your help!
    How would I go about un-jailbreaking the phone or updating the jailbreak?
    Thanks!

HH
    08-10-2009 12:23 PM
    Thank you both for your help!
    How would I go about un-jailbreaking the phone or updating the jailbreak?
    Thanks!

HH
    Open iTunes>Restore>Jailbreak>Unlock
    08-10-2009 12:29 PM
    I'm havng an issue as well with downloading a "newer" version with my phone. It is totally frozen but I have a picture of the USB with an arrow going to ITunes and that is all it does at the moment. I tried to restart it but I get the same picture. When I plug the USB back in I get a different sound when it gets plugged back in and when I try to go on Itunes to restore I don't get an icon to restore the system. It looks like my computer doesn't recognize that I've plugged it in. Any help would be appreciated.
    08-10-2009 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD