iPhone locked when I installed new software

holgahoney

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am new to this community, so please excuse any involuntary blunders...
I have just moved from Mexico to the US. In Mexico I had been using an unlocked iPhone bought in the US. Tonight I connected my iPhone to my computer (still with the Mexican SIM) and iTunes said there was a new software I could download and install. When I did, iTunes said 'The SIM card inserted in this iPhone does not appear to be supported. Only compatible SIM cards from a supported Carrier may be used to activate iPhone. Please insert the SIM card that came with your iPhone or visit a supported Carrier's store to receive a replacement SIM card'. The worst part is, the iPhone went nuts and now will only let me make emergency calls! I need my contacts, pictures, music! Heeeelp!
Thank you!

HH

Johnn#IM

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm havng an issue as well with downloading a "newer" version with my phone. It is totally frozen but I have a picture of the USB with an arrow going to ITunes and that is all it does at the moment. I tried to restart it but I get the same picture. When I plug the USB back in I get a different sound when it gets plugged back in and when I try to go on Itunes to restore I don't get an icon to restore the system. It looks like my computer doesn't recognize that I've plugged it in. Any help would be appreciated.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2