New PC, old iPhone

lonelily

Mar 27, 2009
Visit site
My problem is that my old laptop has completely died on me, this is where I kept all my music, pictures, videos that were on my iPhone.

I'm getting a new MAC so I was wondering what the proceddure now is to get all that information from my iPhone onto a new iTunes? I would also love to keep the settings I currently have on my iPhone so is there a way to create a manual iPhone backup with all the settings stored on it also?

fridayxiii

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm guessing that the content from your iPhone will be sync'd to iTunes on your new Mac when you hook the phone up (after installing iTunes of course). The majority of my app's have been downloaded directly to my iPhone, and when I plug in to my PC, they're backed up to iTunes. My guess is that if you have content on your phone (song, photos, vid's, app's) that doesn't exist on your Mac (or vice versa), it will be backed up when you plug in & select "Sync".

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Hopefully you have been doing an incremental backup. This would make your problem nonexistent. If not I hope you plan to institute a backup program for your new computer.

With that said. There are other threads that tell you how to do this without a backup. Do a quick search. There is a ton of info.

Also there are some apps floating around that will do exactly what your asking. Sorry I do not know what they are but they do exist.

Just my 2 cents.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2