If I have Address Book and iCal syncing via Mobile Me - should I sync via USB also?

Casper TFG

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
If I have Address Book and iCal syncing via Mobile Me - should I sync via USB also?

Is there any point to "hardware" syncing AddressBoook and iCal when I connect to my Laptop for an iTunes sync session? (i have those options checked in the iTunes iPhone option window)

Isn't that doubling up on syncing? (so redundant?)

Or is it harmless?

Or a good idea?

Thanks

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
If your MoMe is running the way it should and you are syncing OTA just fine, then there is no need to sync via the cord for your AB or Cal. You can. It will not hurt anything and you will not get double entries.

I rarely sync via the cord anymore. Maybe once a month or so. I only sync to Backup my iPhone and to put an App on or a Podcast on my iPhone that I got via iTunes instead of OTA.

I like to Backup every so often just in case something happens.;)

Casper TFG

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Thanks

Yeah its just for podcasts & back up (and today an audio book) that I connect...

Can podcast subscriptions get to the iPhone without a physical iTunes hook up? (USB cable)

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
I clicked the option to sync over the cord and got double calenders. If it's syncing over the air do not sync via the cord.

Leanna Lofte

App and photo editor
Sep 7, 2008
Visit site
You do not need to sync address book and iCal over USB. iTunes should actually say something like "calendars are being synced over the air with MobileMe". Leave that as is.

This does not mean that you don't need to sync your iPhone at all for anything else. I still recommend doing frequent syncs because it backs up you phone and transfers things like music and apps that you purchase with your iPhone. The more often you perform a sync, they quicker it'll be each time. I do a sync once at least once a day and each time it only takes a couple minutes.

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Can podcast subscriptions get to the iPhone without a physical iTunes hook up? (USB cable)

Yes. You can download individual podcasts OTA via the Itunes App on your iPhone. That is what I usually do.

I do not think that it will do it automatically like iTunes on the Mac does it but when I know a new podcast is available I just download it straight to my iPhone.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2