Why such a short charging cord!?

comunikado

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site
just got my first iphone after 2 years with an HTC Touch... and i gotta say i will never buy another windows smart phone again!! can't even compare the two.

But one beef i have with the iphone (it's a small one but still annoying) why is the charging cord that came with it so short? if i'm sitting at a coffee shop and i want to plug it in so i don't waste unessesary battery life while i'm surfing... i gotta sit 2 feet from a power outlet!! maybe lie on the floor next to the outlet?!?!

And the 2 mac stores in the city where i live both say you can't buy a longer cord?

Anyoneone else think this is stupid?

Last edited:

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
This has always driven me nuts. I have owner every generation iphone and every cord is super short. What I did to fix the problem was buy a usb extender on ebay. It add an extra 2 feet which makes it nice and long. The usb end plugs into the extender usb opening and the other end plugs right in to the charger block.

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Hmm true. I have a outlet behind my bed. I plug my USB charger and cable in there and even thought I'm so close, it feels short.

PSM

May 30, 2005
headsetchatter.com
When I bought my 3GS it looked like the employees at the store were using a longer cord. I find it hard to believe they were using an unofficial one. It looked like the Apple-made ones to me at least.

I like the short one to take with me in my computer bag since generally I will plug it in to my comp to charge or sync with it.

But I also have another one for my bedside table to charge overnight and the short cord is annoying. I stay in hotels a lot and depending on the room sometimes I can't have my phone near the bed at all!

rosselliot

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
I did buy an extender, and it's well worth it. I can keep it plugged in at night on my nightstand and use it while in bed, without having to lean reallllly far over to use it. haha. it's worth the 10 bucks or so.

iamtone

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Is there an extender for the new 3Gs headphones? An extender tha will still let u use the voice commands and all that?

PikkonX

Jun 6, 2009
Visit site
I had this problem too since I like to lay in the bed and use the phone, so I picked up this 6ft. extender for $1.99. Works very well and does what it should. Gotta remove the 2 spaces in the link of course.

ht tp://ww w.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812270105

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2