It's in Apple's hands now

cre8tivspirit

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
Apple has received my iPhone 3G w/3.0 and are diagnosing the problem (WiFi refused to maintain a connection to ANY network after upgrade).

So now the question is, will they....
  1. Fix mine and send it back
  2. Send me a refurbed 3G
  3. Send me a new 3G
  4. or...Send me a new 16G 3G S

Anyone want to guess?

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
refurb. but i like your optimism on the 3gS! LOL

I brought my white 3G to Apple this weekend because of the infamous feather cracks. I asked about replacing it with the 3GS, but with an under warranty issue, it's a like for like exchange. The phone LOOKS brand new, (but is probably a refurb). I tried! ;)

btown11

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I brought my white 3G to Apple this weekend because of the infamous feather cracks. I asked about replacing it with the 3GS, but with an under warranty issue, it's a like for like exchange. The phone LOOKS brand new, (but is probably a refurb). I tried! ;)

I will 100% guarantee you that you will not get a 3GS because the SKU has to match up perfectly. Also, we never give out refurbs unless the product has been EOL'd or until we run out of parts (neither of which is true for the 3G). So, you will be receiving a new (unused) 3G.

lonbeehold

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I will 100% guarantee you that you will not get a 3GS because the SKU has to match up perfectly. Also, we never give out refurbs unless the product has been EOL'd or until we run out of parts (neither of which is true for the 3G). So, you will be receiving a new (unused) 3G.

That is all very good to know. I knew the thing looked brand new :) Now I just have to patient until I can get a new phone next year.

Matt74

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Well, if the phone you get back looks brand new, I'd recommend jailbreaking and unlocking it. You'll be able to get a good bit from a t-mobile guy, and then turn around and buy a 3gs. That's what I did anyway.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
Unfortunately I'm at least a 2 hour drive from the closest Apple store. For whatever reason, Columbia, SC with all of its college students doesn't have a store.

Understandable. It would have been a lot faster to mail it to your mom/dad/family member to have them do it and then send you a new one.

I love my area (NJ/NY)... I have at least 5 near me, maybe more within 30 minutes (4 are within 10).

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Understandable. It would have been a lot faster to mail it to your mom/dad/family member to have them do it and then send you a new one.

I love my area (NJ/NY)... I have at least 5 near me, maybe more within 30 minutes (4 are within 10).

Yes I have alot of them less than 30 minutes away from me.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2