The Official Staying up Until Midnight for 3.0 Thread.

Will you be Staying up for 3.0?

• Yes I can't wait

Votes: 122 70.9%
  • No I need my sleep.

Votes: 50 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

deviantdj

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
I may be jumping the gun here, but they dropped the ball in that their servers will move like molasses with such a late day release. An early morning release would have freed up the servers. Remember me saying this, as we'll more than likely wait a good hour+ just for the download.

I agree had the done a system server release of 12 am releases they would have freed up so much potential down time, now everyone business users and us that have stayed up all night will hit it all at once... apple server goes *clunk* just like last year.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I may be jumping the gun here, but they dropped the ball in that their servers will move like molasses with such a late day release. An early morning release would have freed up the servers. Remember me saying this, as we'll more than likely wait a good hour+ just for the download.

I guess I'm more coming from a developers standpoint, where we don't push updates like that until we have our support staff in the office ( though for us that's 5am PST ).

I understand that making the update available at midnight PST may have alleviated some server congestion, but I think there will be congestion regardless of the time it's made available.

mcdan333#AC

Jul 30, 2008
Visit site
This is amusing to watch. Every time the top of the hour approaches, someone invokes some kind of contorted logic to conclude that the release must happen any minute now. Because customer service will be open in Tuvalu, or something.

It's a software release, not a space shuttle launch. It'll be out when it's out.

Of course I'm hitting the "Check for Update" button every few minutes, just like everyone else...

DDAY

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
I guess I'm more coming from a developers standpoint, where we don't push updates like that until we have our support staff in the office ( though for us that's 5am PST ).

I understand that making the update available at midnight PST may have alleviated some server congestion, but I think there will be congestion regardless of the time it's made available.

There wasn't congestion last year when 2.0 came out in the early morning, which is why I'm frustrated. I updated mine early in under 45 minutes, my girlfriend waited until mid-afternoon and it took her over 2+ hours.

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
This is amusing to watch. Every time the top of the hour approaches, someone invokes some kind of contorted logic to conclude that the release must happen any minute now. Because customer service will be open in Tuvalu, or something.

It's a software release, not a space shuttle launch. It'll be out when it's out.

Of course I'm hitting the "Check for Update" button every few minutes, just like everyone else...

Hahah, so very true. Love the honesty!

Nivel

Feb 17, 2009
Visit site
something that got me excited was the <Apple's Software Update page - not allowed to post links yet> page was down a minute ago due to changes. so maybe a new page saying out now here soon?

I think it might not be responding every now and then because of all these millions of people trying to access it in hope for some info about the update ;)

Nivel

Feb 17, 2009
Visit site
Release time is one thing, what really bothers me is the download time... For some reason I feel like it's gonna be 2hrs+...

OmariJames

May 31, 2009
Visit site
Now that i think about it. I think apple wanted a Global iPhone OS 3.0 release ... IDK if they could now handle the load compared to last year. I think that's what they wanted to do.

adi

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
QuickPwn 3.0

So where do we get the QuickPwn 3.0. Has anyone got the link for it please or a beta they can email.

thanks

3.0 is not out in the UK yet

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2