Changing keyboard language

bheetebrij

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
Hi all!

I have always been terribly hesitant to buy and iPhone partly due to its lack of hardware keyboard. After reading that the Palm Pre and Nokia N97 keyboards aren't all that great, I figured I should check out the iPhone again. I have one main question, and was hoping you could help me...

I write in 3 languages very frequently and change often between them: English, Dutch and Spanish. I know that the iPhone has very good "predictive" text and that the Keyboard layout and dictionary can be changed; however, how easy is it to change the keyboard layout and dictionary from one language to the other?

If this can be done from the keyboard itself without having to go into settings (after you add the keyboard languages to the phone) and it takes less than 5 seconds this may be easy enough otherwise I guess a hardware keyboard is what I need.

Thanks so much for your help!

Bas

teryan2006

Jun 14, 2009
Visit site
You can change keyboard directly on the keyboard by pressing "globe icon" on the bottom row.

First, you have to enable those language for input in Settings. Then pressing the globe button on the keyboard would toggle between those languages.

almo

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I love the availability of different languages and keyboards on the iPhone/iPod Touch. I don't know why Apple doesn't play up this feature more. I think it is sensational. But there is a problem. I recently changed the language on my iPod Touch to Hebrew to see what it looked like. I can't read Hebrew. I suddenly realized that I had no way to get back to English. Everything, all the text in all the categories and sub-categories and sub-sub-categories in Settings was in Hebrew. I finally returned home by calling a friend with an iPhone who helped me count down the options in each box on each page until we reached the word "Engllish" ? thankfully written in English. Is there some easier way? I think that would be a good idea for an app ? an "undo" button that would help us return to previous settings.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77