I don't like this. The only option I know of that is guaranteed is getting my but up early and sleeping inlin.....
    06-10-2009 12:27 AM
    Well i'll gladly get up early, I thought that the checkout process on att would give me an option to select store pickup, but it didn't, so i dunno. Should have done it through apple.com
    06-10-2009 12:29 AM
    :othanks for the update badash. my blood pressure just went down
    06-10-2009 01:17 AM
    I just want to let everyone know that I just got a email from Apple stating that there was indeed an error and I will be getting my phone on the 19th without a doubt. So good news for anyone who pre-ordered direct from Apple!
    That is some BS, I would have ordered that way. They told me specifically, it would not ship until the 19th hit.

Lol! I sure hope you all get it then.
    06-10-2009 01:59 AM
    if you read it a little closer you'll see there are three options
    1. go in and reserve a phone at a retail store
    2. reserve a phone online for pickup at a particular store
    ---both requiring you to still stand in line at said store---

3. order online for home delivery

standing in line means it is possible the store can run out even if you preorder. preordering does get you in line ahead of those who did not preorder.

choosing home delivery bypasses all that and according to both my order status page and my order confirmation email. My new phone will be "Delivered by June 19th"

there have been rumblings of home delivery option meaning that the phone will ship on the 19th and actually being delivered up 5 days after. so those are your options
    If you reserved, you will get one. Those that don't run the risk of not getting one.
    06-10-2009 01:59 AM
    That is some BS, I would have ordered that way. They told me specifically, it would not ship until the 19th hit.

Lol! I sure hope you all get it then.
    I called after I got my confirmation email the first day and Apple seemed unsure. So they switched mine to overnight shipping. But like I said, got the email last night saying there was a error in the first email and it would indeed be the 19th. I'm safe.
    06-10-2009 09:52 AM
    according the the apple web page, a preorder reservation does not guarantee A phone on the 19th. it is still first come first serve. say you pre ordered and decided you were safe. then you went in to the store at noon. Then it is probable that you will not be getting your preordered phone that day because you weren't in line and they have run out! /shudder/ I cant bear to think of it that sounds horrible. LOL

If you preorder make sure your there to pick up very early!
    06-10-2009 01:53 PM
    Well, nobody answered my question, I went to the AT&T store today and they said that the same shipment that AT&T ships to their stores will be shipping out iPhones to the people that preordered them, so we should get them around the same time the stores do. Worst case scenario is that if something happens, Fedex Overnight delivers on saturdays, so it'll be there first thing saturday morning if nothing else.
    06-10-2009 10:49 PM
    the answer you seek is one you already have. AT&T has already told you everything you could possibly know. I personally prefer to order my apple products from apple. Good luck!
    06-10-2009 11:23 PM
    Reserve at apple.com for the Apple store, or reserve at an AT&T store?
    The Apple.com site says reserving doesn't guarantee you get one. I might do that anyway and just go stand in line.
    I dont recall seeing that when I pre-ordered.

Update:

I just saw the fine print. So does that mean that you aren't guaranteed a phone if you pre-ordered? The makes pre-ordering at an apple store pointless if you dont get there early enough. Looks like I am gonna buy at an ATT store.
    Last edited by Gennew; 06-10-2009 at 11:29 PM.
    06-10-2009 11:23 PM
    Too bad you can't pre-order 2 on a family plan and have them shipped as opposed to waiting in the lines.
    06-11-2009 01:20 PM
    To add to the confusion:

I ordered my wife's 16bg white 3GS via APPLE. Her phone is on our personal ATT account. The confirmation says the device will be delivered on the 19th.

I purchased my 32gb black 3GS via my small business ATT account. the rep told me I will be getting my device "a few days: after the 19th.

I guess we will see...
    06-11-2009 02:03 PM
    according the the apple web page, a preorder reservation does not guarantee A phone on the 19th. it is still first come first serve. say you pre ordered and decided you were safe. then you went in to the store at noon. Then it is probable that you will not be getting your preordered phone that day because you weren't in line and they have run out! /shudder/ I cant bear to think of it that sounds horrible. LOL

If you preorder make sure your there to pick up very early!
    From what I was told in the store, it will be set aside for you and they will call me if it's there and I'm not. Then again, I'm cool with the guy, so maybe that isn't standard.
    06-11-2009 02:58 PM
    No, it is misleading... if you order check the email they send you. It says ships on the 19th and a delivery on a different date. When I called they switched my shipping to overnight for free.
    The same thing happened to me. However, the wife and I both wanted white and they would only allow one white one per order. So, I placed a second order for mine and it stated "Delivers by June 19th" while the first order changed from that to "Ships June 19th". I called and they upgraded the shipping to next day and the rep stated that the other order would indeed be delivered on the 19th.

So, I went in and cancelled the order that was shipping on the 19th and placed a different, third order. The third order still states "Delivers by June 19th". I even received an email from Apple stating that their systems had mistakenly stated shipping on the 19th and assured me that it would deliver by the 19th.
    06-11-2009 03:30 PM
    I think I haz to callz again.

I need more clarity.
    06-11-2009 04:03 PM
    The same thing happened to me. However, the wife and I both wanted white and they would only allow one white one per order. So, I placed a second order for mine and it stated "Delivers by June 19th" while the first order changed from that to "Ships June 19th". I called and they upgraded the shipping to next day and the rep stated that the other order would indeed be delivered on the 19th.

So, I went in and cancelled the order that was shipping on the 19th and placed a different, third order. The third order still states "Delivers by June 19th". I even received an email from Apple stating that their systems had mistakenly stated shipping on the 19th and assured me that it would deliver by the 19th.
    I did the same as Ash . Called them up, got them to wave the $16 Priotity shipping, BUT ended up costing more anyways cause I told them to change it gtom 16GB to 32GB.
    06-11-2009 05:06 PM
    Initially I chose to "reserve" my phone through Apple.com. The only thing that made me nervous was the verbiage on my confirmation e-mail which states:

"Pre-authorization does not guarantee iPhone availability at an Apple Retail Store. iPhone is sold on a first-come, first-served basis."

I interpreted this to mean "we will try to reserve and iphone for you but at the end of the day you could possibly be SOL so get your butt their early on the 19th".

I then decided to simply pre-order mine from ATT. The phone is paid for, and I feel better about actually receiving a phone on the 19th.
    06-13-2009 11:06 AM
    I'm going to go through AT&T simply because I feel like it is a better chance of getting it on the 19th.
    06-13-2009 01:39 PM
    I'm going to go through AT&T simply because I feel like it is a better chance of getting it on the 19th.
    I would have went with Apple then. I thought I read if you order from Apple by the 17th you would promised delivery on the 19th?

I could be wrong. Either way Apple sent out a email to me and I'm assuming others to ignore what the confirmation email says and that I'd get my phone on the 19th regardless.
    06-13-2009 02:03 PM
    Ash is right. If you order before 17th you will recieve it by 19th. My confirmation email said "delivers by June 19th", although I chose FREE SHIPPING.
    The sales rep told me the LATEST I will recieve it is 19th,

For those who dont know, ATT Stores will have TWO lines Friday morning, one for current ATT customers UPGRADING, which these customers get to go in 7am and then the other "New customer" line gets to get whatever thats "left over" when the store open at regular hours.
    But sadly, RESERVATION doesnt GUARANTEE you a unit, which defeats the whole purpose of reservation,,,(reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the car he reserved )
    06-13-2009 02:34 PM
    AT&T has been saying that if you order before the 17th "your order will be processed and will be shipped overnight to arrive as early as June 19th." I emailed them if they could guarantee a 19th delivery, they said no. Nobody really can, once they ship it it's out of their control. I went to the AT&T store, and they said that Apple will be shipping out individual pre-orders the same time they are shipping out store pre-orders, so basically, we should be getting them around the same time the stores do. I'm leaving for vacation sunday, so they better be right. lol.
    06-13-2009 05:30 PM
    To add insult to inury. AT&T has run out of preorder inventory! haven't heard about Apples website yet.

AT&T is now stating your orders will ship 7-14 days after the 19th!!! Man! am I glad I ordered right away(from Apple)!!!
    06-13-2009 05:36 PM
    Wow, glad I pre-ordered mine already, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting mine the 19th.
    06-13-2009 06:08 PM
    Just got off the phone with Apple sales... they confirm, that my order will arrive on 6/19 --- the shipping info says "delivered by June 19th"
    06-13-2009 09:17 PM
    Ash is right. If you order before 17th you will recieve it by 19th. My confirmation email said "delivers by June 19th", although I chose FREE SHIPPING.
    The sales rep told me the LATEST I will recieve it is 19th,

For those who dont know, ATT Stores will have TWO lines Friday morning, one for current ATT customers UPGRADING, which these customers get to go in 7am and then the other "New customer" line gets to get whatever thats "left over" when the store open at regular hours.
    But sadly, RESERVATION doesnt GUARANTEE you a unit, which defeats the whole purpose of reservation,,,(reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the car he reserved )
    Actually, for those that pre-ordered will be allowed to pick up there phones at 7pm. Everyone who did not pre-order will have to wait until 8pm to pick up their phones.

You don't have to be a current ATT customer to get in at 7am, as long as you pre-ordered before ATT ran out of their initial allotment you should get in early to pick up your phone.
    06-14-2009 03:42 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD