chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
if you read it a little closer you'll see there are three options
1. go in and reserve a phone at a retail store
2. reserve a phone online for pickup at a particular store
---both requiring you to still stand in line at said store---

3. order online for home delivery

standing in line means it is possible the store can run out even if you preorder. preordering does get you in line ahead of those who did not preorder.

choosing home delivery bypasses all that and according to both my order status page and my order confirmation email. My new phone will be "Delivered by June 19th"

there have been rumblings of home delivery option meaning that the phone will ship on the 19th and actually being delivered up 5 days after. so those are your options

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
I just want to let everyone know that I just got a email from Apple stating that there was indeed an error and I will be getting my phone on the 19th without a doubt. So good news for anyone who pre-ordered direct from Apple!

Eric8199

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
Also, Apple just sent out an e-mail introducing the new iPhone. In the e-mail, it says:

"Have a new iPhone 3G S delivered right to your door on June 19 when you order from the Apple Online Store."

I'd say that there's no way you'll get it after the 19th if they have it in print this many times. I'd say it's safe to say ordering from apple.com will all but guarantee that you will have the iPhone in your hand on June 19.

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Ok, stupidly, I pre-ordered mine on wireless.att.com I got the free overnight shipping and they say I should get it by the 19th. They didn't give me an option for store pickup, or else I would have just done that. Do you guys think I'll get it on the 19th?

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
This is what they told me: Pre-orders for iPhone 3G S will be shipped with overnight priority and will be processed to arrive as early as June 19, 2009, if submitted by 12 p.m. noon C.T., June 17, 2009. The actual shipment date and receipt of your order is not guaranteed and may be subject to delays for reasons that include, but are not limited to, product availability, inventory, credit issues, number porting or carrier delays, and completion of other required AT&T business processes.
Think I'm screwed?

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Well i'll gladly get up early, I thought that the checkout process on att would give me an option to select store pickup, but it didn't, so i dunno. Should have done it through apple.com

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I just want to let everyone know that I just got a email from Apple stating that there was indeed an error and I will be getting my phone on the 19th without a doubt. So good news for anyone who pre-ordered direct from Apple!

That is some BS, I would have ordered that way. They told me specifically, it would not ship until the 19th hit.

Lol! I sure hope you all get it then.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
if you read it a little closer you'll see there are three options
1. go in and reserve a phone at a retail store
2. reserve a phone online for pickup at a particular store
---both requiring you to still stand in line at said store---

3. order online for home delivery

standing in line means it is possible the store can run out even if you preorder. preordering does get you in line ahead of those who did not preorder.

choosing home delivery bypasses all that and according to both my order status page and my order confirmation email. My new phone will be "Delivered by June 19th"

there have been rumblings of home delivery option meaning that the phone will ship on the 19th and actually being delivered up 5 days after. so those are your options

If you reserved, you will get one. Those that don't run the risk of not getting one.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
That is some BS, I would have ordered that way. They told me specifically, it would not ship until the 19th hit.

Lol! I sure hope you all get it then.

I called after I got my confirmation email the first day and Apple seemed unsure. So they switched mine to overnight shipping. But like I said, got the email last night saying there was a error in the first email and it would indeed be the 19th. I'm safe. ;)

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
according the the apple web page, a preorder reservation does not guarantee A phone on the 19th. it is still first come first serve. say you pre ordered and decided you were safe. then you went in to the store at noon. Then it is probable that you will not be getting your preordered phone that day because you weren't in line and they have run out! /shudder/ I cant bear to think of it that sounds horrible. LOL

If you preorder make sure your there to pick up very early!

DoubleM

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Well, nobody answered my question, I went to the AT&T store today and they said that the same shipment that AT&T ships to their stores will be shipping out iPhones to the people that preordered them, so we should get them around the same time the stores do. Worst case scenario is that if something happens, Fedex Overnight delivers on saturdays, so it'll be there first thing saturday morning if nothing else.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
the answer you seek is one you already have. AT&T has already told you everything you could possibly know. I personally prefer to order my apple products from apple. Good luck!:D

Gennew

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
Reserve at apple.com for the Apple store, or reserve at an AT&T store?
The Apple.com site says reserving doesn't guarantee you get one. I might do that anyway and just go stand in line.

I dont recall seeing that when I pre-ordered.

Update:

I just saw the fine print. So does that mean that you aren't guaranteed a phone if you pre-ordered? The makes pre-ordering at an apple store pointless if you dont get there early enough. Looks like I am gonna buy at an ATT store.

Last edited:

buirus

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
To add to the confusion:

I ordered my wife's 16bg white 3GS via APPLE. Her phone is on our personal ATT account. The confirmation says the device will be delivered on the 19th.

I purchased my 32gb black 3GS via my small business ATT account. the rep told me I will be getting my device "a few days: after the 19th.

I guess we will see...

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
according the the apple web page, a preorder reservation does not guarantee A phone on the 19th. it is still first come first serve. say you pre ordered and decided you were safe. then you went in to the store at noon. Then it is probable that you will not be getting your preordered phone that day because you weren't in line and they have run out! /shudder/ I cant bear to think of it that sounds horrible. LOL

If you preorder make sure your there to pick up very early!

From what I was told in the store, it will be set aside for you and they will call me if it's there and I'm not. Then again, I'm cool with the guy, so maybe that isn't standard.

edoughig

May 12, 2009
Visit site
No, it is misleading... if you order check the email they send you. It says ships on the 19th and a delivery on a different date. When I called they switched my shipping to overnight for free.

The same thing happened to me. However, the wife and I both wanted white and they would only allow one white one per order. So, I placed a second order for mine and it stated "Delivers by June 19th" while the first order changed from that to "Ships June 19th". I called and they upgraded the shipping to next day and the rep stated that the other order would indeed be delivered on the 19th.

So, I went in and cancelled the order that was shipping on the 19th and placed a different, third order. The third order still states "Delivers by June 19th". I even received an email from Apple stating that their systems had mistakenly stated shipping on the 19th and assured me that it would deliver by the 19th.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner