3 biggest drawback of iPhone

Apr 20, 2009
twitter.com
Why is charging overnight while you sleep a problem? I had to charge my old SLVR (not a 3G phone) every night.

I didn't say it was a problem, just tiresome. I use it as an iPod when I go to sleep and occasionally as an alarm clock so if I don't plug it in or have the dock for overnight then using it the next day is out of the question unless I can tether it to a computer for a few hours.

Like I said, still lasts a good while considering how much I use it. I really have little to complain about on this little machine and more on individual apps.

LovemyiPhone

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
1. Multi tasking. Clicking a link on email and then having to close the web and reopen mail to finish reading email.
2. Adjustable vibrate intensity.
3. Notifications - something similar to BB would be great.

Over all I love my iPhone

Beloved

May 17, 2009
Visit site
For me it is NO PUSH! I am a weater freak due to my fear of bad storms. The kids make fun of me when a dark cloud comes up and I am sitting in the strom shelter!
I also hate the battery life. I keep the screen light down as far as I can and tote one of those battery chargers. No multitasking.

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
My #1 used to be the battery but I've been running 3.0 for awhile and the battery issue is majorly improved. I can keep my screen on 50% brightness and the battery still lasts at least a day even with moderate to heavy usage.

Second issue was notfications but once again 3.0 will be taking care of that.

My only issues now are no zoom on the camera(although the pics are still great) and no type of BlackBerry Messenger. I'd really like to see iChat become Apple's BBM.

mdntblu

May 17, 2009
www.lightmyworld.com
Thought about this for a while. I am extremely happy with my iPhone, but there can always be improvement.

1. Battery. I find the battery will last me through the work day. But if I go out on a friday after work, it will die by midnight if I dont charge it. Not a huge problem since I always leave 3g on, wifi on, and 6 email addresses polling every 15 minutes. I could change my settings and get more out of it. I would like to see use of li-po batteries. They are small and very powerful. Downside is, they explode if not charged correctly. But maybe in the near future they can fix that.

They do use Li-Po batteries already. All iPods and iPhones have them. Even most of my older cell phones had them.

I_magination

May 16, 2009
Visit site
by bluetooth not being loud enough you mean no stereo bluetooth?.. cuz last time i checked the bluetooths' loudness was primarily dependent on the BT device itself.

T_Apple

May 17, 2009
Visit site
New to iPhone

I am just 4 days into having the iPhone. The previous phone I had was a Bold but figured I will try out the iPhone and turn it back in before my trial period expires if a) I don't like it or b) Apple announces a new iPhone.:D

Three drawbacks:

1) Notifications very inconspicuous (i.e. no indicator light)
2) No Today screen or customizable screen/themes for that matter
3) I suppose battery life though it's not that much different the the Bolds'

Oh and I miss being able to run Pandora in the background while doing other things. :(

Last edited:

tchaves

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Mine was battery life, then I started using my PC for internet browsing again whereas for the first few months I only used my iPhone because it just was so cool :) I haven't had any battery issues since then. Now, I would just say no multitasking. Push will help, but it would be amazing to run even a limited number of apps simultaneously.

Clairvoyance

May 18, 2009
Visit site
1st : Battery Life, of course.
2nd : Bluetooth. ( Files can't be sent, oh my god! )
3rd : Forwarding SMSes and MMS. ( I know this feature is coming soon but not now. )

plevine1

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
1. Battery
2. Low volumn using speakerphone
3. Lack of type ahead (if its smart enough to figure out if the spelling is wrong why not figure out what I'm typing and auto-complete the word)
4. Cant change to landscape mode in ALL applications
5. Battery

Tramain

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Quick Time

I think only have quick time and not adobe flash player on iphone is a drawback because you a limited on watching videos.

cr105

May 21, 2009
Visit site
My biggest complaint is that it isn't a very good "phone". I am one of those people who still has a landline-call me old-fashioned.

But when I need to make a leisure call-meaning chatting for 30-60 minutes, I prefer the landline because the call is crystal clear, and I know it won't get dropped. My iphone can't promise me that.

I also dislike that I have to use the slider to answer the phone, I wish the home button could answer a call.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
1. Okay, sure, I'll jump on the battery life bandwagon. But let's be honest folks, the battery only drains because we use all of the incredible features of this phone all day long! Sure, I'd like better battery life, but I have to admit I love having a phone that makes me want to use up it's battery!

2. It has all the fragility of a tiny little computer in your pocket. Just like your home computer or laptop, you can't get it wet or drop it too many times without turning it into a shiny little brick. On the plus side, hey, you've got a tiny computer in your pocket!

3. Everyone wants to play with my iPhone. And I let them, but with a watchful eye for reasons 1 & 2. This reason will become less of a problem when the world is run on iPhone technology & iPhones are in everybody's hands. Until then, I'm happy to share as long as you are careful with MY iPhone!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2