do you think apple will ever make a phone with a keypad?

johnpalley

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
i like the iphone alot but i wont buy one because its touch screen and i like verizons network. if apple came out with a device similar to the blackberry with a keypad i would buy one immediately! do they have any plans in the future to come out with this? does anybody think they wil sometime?

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
Buttons of any kind, really :)

Rubenstein (former head of iPod division) wanted a keyboard, rumor has it, Jobs didn't. The iPhone has no keyboard, Rubenstein is now at Palm, Palm Pre has iPhone-like features, and a keyboard...

It's unlikely Apple will do a keyboard in the near future, but if it's a must have, almost every other platform has at least one form factor (or more!) with keyboards.

Personally, I'm happier with the iPhone, but we're lucky we have so much choice!

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
I would be a little surprised if they did. Once you get use to the virtual keyboard and "how" to type on it. You actually get rather fast on it. I am just as fast and accurate on my iPhone as I was my Treos.

The trick is to 1) "touch" the keys. Don't "press". You have to re-train your thumbs. 2) "Use the FORCE Luke":D Trust the auto-correction. It really works!

Nellybelly333

Jan 20, 2009
Visit site
Everyone seems to be gettng away from physical keyboards. I felt the same about the touch screen until I took the time to really sit down and try it. You really do text just as fast if not faster than a physical keyboard.

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Plus one of the benefits of a soft keyboard is the quick and easy switch between all kinds of characters, like $ & @ and + = ? and support for other languages with the ??į??? and even !

inkedgeek

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
I hope not!!!! that is what separates the iphone user from the rest, the ability to use the on screen key board. Yes at first its a bit annoying but after awhile we became pros.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
As long as Steve Jobs has anything to do with it, no there will not be a physical keyboard on a iPhone. He's made comments on much he hates cheap plastic keys on phones. Which I agree with. If it ain't broke... don't fix it.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Steve Jobs is like the crusader against buttons. I'm sure deep in the Apple labs they are working on brain implants so soon you will get one and be able to just think about what you want to do and it will start happening on the screen.

How would any keyboard keep up with that? Also judging by the huge number of touch screen mobiles coming that hard keyboards may be found on only a few devices soon.

Last edited:

johnpalley

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
i guess it doesnt look good for a apple phone with a keypad. im just gonna have to stick with my blackberry. its all good. you will never see me buy a phone or a computer that doesnt have a keypad and i think alot of other people feel the same way. they should release 2 types of iphones. one with a keypad and one without, then they can dominate the whole market because apple got the best browser.

Last edited:

johnpalley

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
i dont think so....its what made the iphone so different than other pdas
you dont think theres alot of people like me who only wants a phone with a keypad? look at obama to, he got a blackberry. there gotta be a lot of business people that dont like touchscreens.

Last edited:

Brickman

Nov 28, 2008
Visit site
Eventually apple will need a new customer base hardcore business people won't use an all touchscreen phone.

Two things: 1) The general public is much larger than the hardcore business user. That is who Apple is marketing to the most right now. Business is an added bonus 2) I know plenty of people at NASA that use an iPhone. I think they would be qualified as hardcore business people.

Right now BB dominates the Business Market mainly because of how secure the device is. But not all hardcore business people, including myself and my company, need that security.

johnpalley

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Two things: 1) The general public is much larger than the hardcore business user. That is who Apple is marketing to the most right now. Business is an added bonus 2) I know plenty of people at NASA that use an iPhone. I think they would be qualified as hardcore business people.

Right now BB dominates the Business Market mainly because of how secure the device is. But not all hardcore business people, including myself and my company, need that security.

brickman, when you say secure, specificly what do you mean by that? ive heard people say that in the past. i have a blackberry and i would like to understand what your talking about?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2