To iPhone or not

nicoff

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site
After buying an iPhone in 2007 in returning it within a week, I am very interested in finding out what the 3.0 will bring. I guess that we will all know in a few hours.

With thousands of contacts and heavy business use, I returned the iPhone because it did not have a global search or cut and paste capabilities. Without those two capabilities, the iPhone becomes just a pretty plaything for me.

I guess that I can buy the new iPhone (IF it has what I need) and give it another try. Of course the Palm Pre is supposedly around the corner so I may wait a couple of months and see how the Pre fares versus the new iPhone. I don't know when apple announced 3.0 but I would not be surprised if the announcement of the Pre had something to do with Apple bringing 3.0 now.

Decisions, decisions...

JustinHorn

Aug 3, 2008
whenwillapple.com
I don't know when apple announced 3.0 but I would not be surprised if the announcement of the Pre had something to do with Apple bringing 3.0 now.

They haven't yet, about 40 mins to go. This is always the same thing they did with 2.0 so it doesn't have to do with the Pre.

Yeah, I think 3.0 might be able to work for you now, but you will know for sure in 40 mins :)

nicoff

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site
Well, the iPhone 3.0 has the stuff that has been missing. I read somewhere that it will not be available until the summer though, so I will have to wait anyway.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
3.0 was coming no matter what. Apple likes to release things around the same time frame. Since they've been doing summer for the phones and 1.0to 2.0, they continued with this for 3.0. I do thank they may want this pushed out faster though.

nicoff

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site
I do thank they may want this pushed out faster though.

I agree. They better don't wait too long. If I were them, I would get it to market before the Pre hits the street. If the Pre comes out first, I will definitely buy one and if it works as advertised, I definitely won't have a need for the 3.0.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2