To 3g or Not to 3g...That is the Question

BlackBlood#IM

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hello everyone! I'm new to this neck of the woods, but was once a proud member of Crackberry. I've always been interested in an iPhone and I'm no noobie when it comes to tech and whatnot. At the end of this month, early next, I'm gonna get a AT&T family plan with a friend. Obviously, we are going to get iPhones, but since June is only a few months away should we wait? I have everything all ready to go, but now I need help deciding if I should pickup an iPhone 3g or wait to see whats unveiled in Summer. I really want an iPhone pretty bad but is the next generation something to hold out for?

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
I would wait.

There is still no definite knowledge as to whether there will be a new iPhone coming out or just a few upgrades to last years' phone.

bubbatex

Apr 3, 2006
Visit site
It is always easy for those who have one to say wait! ;)

Go ahead if you can't - I could not and took advantage of an additional $100 savings last week on a Best Buy deal. I figure that when the new one comes out, I can always sell this one. The resell market is very strong for the iPhone.

BlackBlood#IM

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
It is always easy for those who have one to say wait! ;)

Go ahead if you can't - I could not and took advantage of an additional $100 savings last week on a Best Buy deal. I figure that when the new one comes out, I can always sell this one. The resell market is very strong for the iPhone.

Haha it is quite hard to hold on on buying one. If I did buy one and the new one comes out what is the best route for selling it? I saw that article about AT&T buying back phones, but I'm just worried about paying $500 bucks instead of the $199-$299.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I would get one now. IF a new one is announced, I believe the 3G will still hold its value. Not to mention I LOVE my iPhone and I just got it yesterday. Cant put the thing down.

I remember when the 3G was announced, the 2G first gen iPhone prices SKYROCKETED because of the conditions announced to get one.

BlackBlood#IM

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Great! I think I'm gonna pick one up toward the end of the month. Even if the new one comes out I think its pretty safe to say that Ill be able to switch (if I even need to) without paying too much. I'm going to be very sad leaving my BlackBerry 8330 and Verizon behind :( I will miss them (well I won't be missing my bill from Verizon holy crap its alot)

Luckyi

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
I just got one a week ago knowing that a new one might come out. I don't care I love this one. I'm going to want the new one bad I'm sure but hey, you can't live for tomorrow. Who knows what will happen.

BlackBlood#IM

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
I just got one a week ago knowing that a new one might come out. I don't care I love this one. I'm going to want the new one bad I'm sure but hey, you can't live for tomorrow. Who knows what will happen.

Good point :) but it does make it hard to dive in when almost EVERYDAY now there are new rumors/leaks. I waver each time to wait or buy when I log onto TiPb and see announcements talking about iPhone HD, Apple planning new events, and other crazy ideas hahah. It's kinda funny though because my birthday is March 24th (which is when I was gonna buy the 3g) and according to TiPb that's the date for the new Apple event, so I'm kicking myself over here!

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I would buy it.... like everyone is saying, the iPhone holds its value very well. I actually sold my 16gb for $450 in which I could have gotten $500-$550 if I would have put it on eBay.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77