What to do with Broken iPhone 2G

burnsaa

Oct 26, 2006
Visit site
So my wife dropped her iPhone the other day and now its toast. The screen is just fine its the homebutton that stopped working. Also you cant charge it anymore so I've turned it off (even that was hard as it would keep restarting after I turn it off). I took it into the apple store and they told me its broken and I'm 1 month and 3 days over my 1 year warrenty and that I could pay $199 for a replacement or I could pay $199 and buy an iPhone 3G. My question is what should I do with the old one as I'm not going to spend $199 for a refurbished iPhone 2G and I dont really want to get a 3G because then I would end up paying another $10 bucks for the data plan and $5 more for the txt messaging.Ive looked on craigslist for an iphone with a cracked screen that i thought i could just swap with mine but even an iphone 2G with a cracked screen is going for $200! Anyways just wondering what thoughts you guys have.

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I would sell the broken one on eBay. I bet you could get some good money for it even though it's broken. Then I would get the iPhone 3g. I understand your problem with paying more for the service, but you will have to face that reality sooner or later.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77