View Poll Results: Most over rated missing feature?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • MMS

    40 47.62%
  • Turn by Turn Directions

    16 19.05%
  • Copy and Paste

    36 42.86%
  • Something else...

    7 8.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.
  1. Jeremy's Avatar
    The only times i have wanted C&P was pasting a URL into an RSS reader. If the iPhone handled RSS feeds natively (button on safari window) then i wouldn't have needed it at all. Still, clippy is quite good and does everything you would want from it. If Apple was posititoning the iPhone as a true smartphone (sync and edit desktop docs) then we would have to have had C&P. It wasn't so we don't.

    Turn by turn? Come on, its a phone, not a sat nav.
    While I do not need it, turn by turn is very important to some people and is pretty much standard on many phones including Blackberry phones. It is nice to have handy.
    02-05-2009 09:13 AM
  2. tulliver's Avatar
    bettaaa cameraaa!
    02-05-2009 09:24 AM
  3. Argelius1's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind the ability to *read* MMS once in a while, but definitely don't want to send them. And don't want anyone else to send them. That's what email is for... But ultimately that's the one I voted for.

    I would add one to the list: removable memory. Unless you use your phone as your exclusive iPod/mp3 player, 32GB is plenty!
    02-05-2009 09:32 AM
  4. rpungin's Avatar
    I voted for MMS for the reasons others have talked about.

    But I miss cut/copy/paste a lot! I would like to use iphone for editing documents and without c/c/p it's very difficult.

    Also I would like to be able to select a portion of the text and delete it instead of keeping pressing the backspace key to delete character by character.
    02-05-2009 10:39 AM
  5. E Pow's Avatar
    MMS is soooo overrated. 98% of the people who I talked to, email, text, or IM have email on their phones or have a smartphone and dont send MMS, they always email pics. The other 2% that I talked to dont even send MMS.
    02-05-2009 12:02 PM
  6. jasonact's Avatar
    I definitely have tired of the whole "No MMS on iPhone" complaint. There are very usable workarounds, and it's an old, grossly overpriced technology that should be obsolete in less than 5 years. I hope Apple never institutes it and other phone manufacturers follow suit, thereby ushering MMS out the door for good.
    02-05-2009 12:36 PM
  7. Nellybelly333's Avatar
    I voted for MMS for the reasons others have talked about.

    But I miss cut/copy/paste a lot! I would like to use iphone for editing documents and without c/c/p it's very difficult.

    Also I would like to be able to select a portion of the text and delete it instead of keeping pressing the backspace key to delete character by character.
    I never thought of that... Thats a bummer.
    02-05-2009 12:39 PM
  8. Jeremy's Avatar
    MMS starting to pull away...
    02-05-2009 01:41 PM
  9. Rene Ritchie's Avatar
    Last time I really needed cut and paste, I just used a buddy's iPhone along with mine: one to display, one to re-type. Steve Jobs' brilliant plan: force everyone to buy two phones that way!
    02-05-2009 02:36 PM
  10. Rene Ritchie's Avatar
    Where are all these people using MMS? I've gotten 1 in the last 10 years. Mostly I get emailed pictures, or these days sent them via Facebook and -- increasingly -- Twitter pic.

    They're like floppy disks when the iMac came out: legacy users are still stuck with them, but the world is moving forward to device/platform independent technology.
    02-05-2009 02:38 PM
  11. jamesus's Avatar
    MMS starting to pull away...
    I just noticed that I posted MMS yet for some reason voted for Copy and Paste? Must not have been thinking. My real vote is for MMS!!!
    02-05-2009 02:38 PM
  12. Leanna Lofte's Avatar
    Where are all these people using MMS? I've gotten 1 in the last 10 years. Mostly I get emailed pictures, or these days sent them via Facebook and -- increasingly -- Twitter pic.

    They're like floppy disks when the iMac came out: legacy users are still stuck with them, but the world is moving forward to device/platform independent technology.
    Maybe it's a generational thing? But you don't seem that old... I have gotten less MMS lately though I think because people know I'm not gonna go to that dumb website and they don't wanna go through the hassle of the email thing. I have one friend who still sends me pics. But he's smart enough to know how to email it to me through his MMS.

    Income thing too... most of my friends can't afford a smartphone...
    02-05-2009 03:19 PM
  13. Jeremy's Avatar
    Maybe it's a generational thing? But you don't seem that old... I have gotten less MMS lately though I think because people know I'm not gonna go to that dumb website and they don't wanna go through the hassle of the email thing. I have one friend who still sends me pics. But he's smart enough to know how to email it to me through his MMS.

    Income thing too... most of my friends can't afford a smartphone...
    Rene is on the older side... I think he's 46... I may be a year or two off...
    02-05-2009 06:27 PM
  14. jamesus's Avatar
    Rene is on the older side... I think he's 46... I may be a year or two off...
    Oh snap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    02-05-2009 06:32 PM
  15. Jeremy's Avatar
    Oh snap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh surely I jest...
    02-05-2009 06:35 PM
  16. stilgar's Avatar
    It's not MMS for those of us not in our teens.

    I would love Redial. I had a phone that, if it heard a bizzy signal, would redial the number every 10 secs or so. Great feature!

    It amazes me it isn't there. I may have to make an app if APPLE won't do it.
    02-05-2009 06:35 PM
  17. Leanna Lofte's Avatar
    It's not MMS for those of us not in our teens.

    I would love Redial. I had a phone that, if it heard a bizzy signal, would redial the number every 10 secs or so. Great feature!

    It amazes me it isn't there. I may have to make an app if APPLE won't do it.
    Hey hey hey!... I'm not in my teens!
    02-05-2009 06:38 PM
  18. jamesus's Avatar
    Oh surely I jest...
    Hahaha...I know. He must be closer to the big 6-0!
    02-05-2009 06:41 PM
  19. stilgar's Avatar
    Ok, tweens. ; )

    I am just calling too many places lately where the lines are always busy.
    Without unlimited texting on the iPhone I just don't use it that much.
    02-05-2009 06:43 PM
  20. Leanna Lofte's Avatar
    Haha!

    I just went to his facebook page to be stalker like and look up his age. But he only has his Month/Day of birthday listed!! No age!!
    02-05-2009 06:52 PM
  21. JustinHorn's Avatar
    You know what's funny, is I still have yet to get 1 MMS to my iPhone. I know people have sent me MMS before and I never get them. I mean I don't even get the text with some password and URL. Strange...? Although I'm not complaining.

    For some reason I don't like the word tweens?
    02-05-2009 11:56 PM
  22. thirdprize's Avatar
    MMS is soooo overrated. 98% of the people who I talked to, email, text, or IM have email on their phones or have a smartphone and dont send MMS, they always email pics. The other 2% that I talked to dont even send MMS.
    Shame it's not like that in the rest of the world.
    02-06-2009 04:41 AM
  23. AnteL0pe's Avatar
    Gotta be MMS, i mean seriously who f'ing cares about this "feature." I used it once in a while on my Treo 650, but more often I was using Chatter to email pics.

    Turn by Turn is a must have for me. I still have my Treo 650 around just to run my copy of TomTom. I'd love to be able to get that thing out of my car.
    02-06-2009 07:39 AM
  24. AnteL0pe's Avatar
    Gps is over rated I have navigation in my cars. Mms why pay extra for crap service.
    To use it when you aren't in your car? And who said anything about paying extra?
    02-06-2009 07:43 AM
  25. SaberSerene's Avatar
    Ok for one where is Copy/Paste? If we had it we could actually forward text messages. Which would be great. Second, I'm not crazy about MMS. I can live without it. but it becomes a pain to create each contact a mms custom label. Third, GPS needs a major update. Doesn't everyone want turn by turn directions? and how about a software update where the GPS recalculates. That would be good. Fourth, Life would be easier with landscape texting. Its a wider keyboard with more room to type. We crave it! Fifth, a better way to quit third party applications rather then holding down the home button for 5 seconds. There should be a certain app or slide down bar that quits apps. What do you think? post me a reply.
    02-07-2009 12:48 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD