BGR's Top 10 things they hate about the iPhone

bassface

Feb 11, 2009
Visit site
as a fresh convert I just feel the need to chime in here, specifically in regards to some of smileyboy's comments on the list.. first off because it has never been an issue for you does not mean it isn't an issue for someone else. It takes all types of nerds to make the gadget world go round....

Most notable for me are the forwarding of txt msgs then copy & paste. While I know some people may never use these types of functions I personally use(d) both quite regularly and the simple fact that these are not native is somewhat mind boggling. I could understand if we were talking newer functionality etc but we're talk dinosaur tech. Sure you may not need to copy/paste or forward text.... i do. Often. Case in point... I just got a text from a friend's band...I wanted to invite some other people... easiest way... forward the text & append it. NOPE can't do it... I'd have to retype all the info etc... kind dumb. But if I can't forward the txt maybe I could just copy the important stuff & paste it in a new txt.... oh nope can't do that either.

The rest.. video recording & so on.... THE thing that makes it all so confusing / frustrating is why? when virtually everything else on the market does, why go and specifically lock people out.

& the file structure bit... yeah on the BB you could save virtually anything to your phone, get to your desktop, plug in and see your phone as a mass storage device and off load it (so somewhat eliminating the need for a jump drive)..again without hacking it or buying more software.

I understand that not everyone needs or would ever even notice some of these things & sure jailbreak it etc... but why should I have to hack up my device or purchase additional software for something simple that should be ready to go outta the box.

Don't get me wrong so far so good (about a week) and I can say this... for what the iPhone does better than BB it does WAAAAY better & there's more shiney bells & whistles to keep you distracted... but the BB just simply does communications way better and seems to be way more personally configurable...

I will be reading up on jailbreaking my phone and such and who knows maybe that will make all the diff but I'm not sure. But the ability to get the additional software to patch what I see as holes in design with no overhead, as it were, will make some of these issues less painful.

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
Another thing that gets to me. People say "oh well I can change out memory cards, so I can hold more than 32gb's" Who would wanna carry around a bunch of little cards that all you will do is probably lose?

Just wait a bit. 16 GB cards are out now and the 32 GB will be along soon Amazon.com: Sandisk 16GB Microsd Card: Electronics

No need to carry cards around. Just 1 card in the device.

jhood25

Feb 11, 2009
Visit site
That is not shocking - for some reason if you own another type of phone the iPhone has to suck... People are bitter. :rolleyes:

I always noticed this. I will admit I wasn't a fan of the first gen iPhone. But when i was still rocking my blackberry I had nothing but respect for the 3G iPhone. I would occasionally ask him to send me a picture sarcastically...

I was talking to a buddy who has the G1 Phone and he started ripping into the iPhone when i told him i was getting one. Its just endless hate...

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I always noticed this. I will admit I wasn't a fan of the first gen iPhone. But when i was still rocking my blackberry I had nothing but respect for the 3G iPhone. I would occasionally ask him to send me a picture sarcastically...

I was talking to a buddy who has the G1 Phone and he started ripping into the iPhone when i told him i was getting one. Its just endless hate...

Yes, the hate is overwhelming.

jhood25

Feb 11, 2009
Visit site
Yes, the hate is overwhelming.

I didn't have a rebuttal for him because i know next to nothing about the G phone and from what I have seen I am a fan. I did rip on him for have a P.O.S 14 year old girl scenester sidekick for the last 3 years or so.

dooks88

Jan 23, 2009
Visit site
I have played with the G phone a little. I like what I see so far, but it has a way to go before it pulls me from the iPhone. As of now, the OS seems unorganized. I do like that it has a physical keyboard, but I don't like the overall form factor of the G1.

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site

I talked a dozen or so people out of getting an iPhone starting when the 2G 4GB was launched. I went on and on about how there were no available 3rd party applications to cater to ones needs, its 2G radio equaled dial up speeds and how it was an ipod phone for teens. I explained the reasons why it was inferior to a WM Pro device. When 3G became available and the massive amount of 3rd party applications became available it allowed me to try the device.

Now if someone asks me or challenges me on my switch from the Fuze to the iPhone. I don't try to pick their phone apart or defend mine. I simply say that it does exactly what I need it to do and that I just like it better than all the other phones on the market.

Im done with PDA wars. Like my buddy at pdaphonehome use to say years ago, the P in PDA stand for personal.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2