iPhone 2.0.1 now available through iTunes - Engadget

Download it and update... and pray all those bugs are gone!
    08-04-2008 08:07 PM
    Download it and update... and pray all those bugs are gone!
    They're not.
    08-04-2008 10:20 PM
    They're not.
    Solved the issues I was having. Granted the only real issue was the sluggishness within the contacts app.
    08-05-2008 01:26 AM
    Solved the issues I was having. Granted the only real issue was the sluggishness within the contacts app.
    True that.
    my issues are fixed. Now i Just need Copy and Paste and my transformation will be complete.
    08-05-2008 02:24 AM
    I'd rather see an improved text app. Palm's is still superior.
    08-05-2008 09:41 AM
    I'd rather see an improved text app. Palm's is still superior.
    I fail to see that one... how so? And don't get me wrong, I did like their threaded SMS but what else are you looking for?
    08-05-2008 09:52 AM
    Contacts app is still a little slow for me, but the back up is much quicker now.
    08-05-2008 11:15 AM
    So on the night they release 2.01 I don't even turn on my laptop and I total missed it. Will definitely do tonight. Hoping for improved contacts and backup speeds.
    08-05-2008 11:37 AM
    I still have all the same crash problems, but it does appear a bit more responsive (the keyboard and app switching, not the crashing )
    08-05-2008 01:33 PM
    Definitely seems more responsive.

Just prior to the update (maybe the past 2 days or so) my SMS was acting pretty sluggish (the typing was really laggy, causing a lot of typos) but that seems to be OK after the update.
    08-06-2008 01:28 PM
    Definitely seems more responsive.

Just prior to the update (maybe the past 2 days or so) my SMS was acting pretty sluggish (the typing was really laggy, causing a lot of typos) but that seems to be OK after the update.
    Indeed... The only thing that I've noticed that is still there is my loss of certain sounds... Although it is not happening that often so I can't complain.
    08-06-2008 01:30 PM
    Updated last night went to bed at 2am. Updated my 3g, my sons first gen and my daughters Touch. All in all it does seem zippy, my contacts seem a tad bid faster, instead 3 to 4 secs wait it's down to 1 to 2 secs. Have not tried to sync yet to see how the backup runs. I did have some issues with updating the first gen iPhone and the Touch. iTunes would put the device in Recovery mode and start to extract the update, but would fail. Sorry I didn't document the error. My workaround was to manually choose the update and then it worked fine.
    Last edited by hermdog; 08-06-2008 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Spelling
    08-06-2008 02:19 PM
    I found this happening to me. I'm not sure if it's the 2.01 software or an iTunes update, but the app store is listing updates multiple times. Take a look here:

It's Hard to Decide Which Update to Pick : iSmashPhone
    08-06-2008 03:52 PM
    I found this happening to me. I'm not sure if it's the 2.01 software or an iTunes update, but the app store is listing updates multiple times. Take a look here:

It's Hard to Decide Which Update to Pick : iSmashPhone
    While that is not happening to me... you are not alone.

http://forum.theiphoneblog.com/apple...tore-bugs.html
    08-06-2008 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD