cannot view viewmymessage.com website

stevepow#IM

Jul 21, 2008
Visit site
ok this is the deal i know that the iphone 3g does not have MMS which was not too bright on apples side because almost none of my friends do there email on there phone and they all have MMs to send pictures. so the only other choice that we have is to get a message that says we have a picture waiting for you on viewmymessage.com. ok fine this is the only other choice that i have to view pictures on my iphone sent to me by someone who sent it through there MMS (thanks apple) whats even worse is that you have to put in this redicules user id and password also putting salt on the wound is that there is no copy and past to at least make this step a little easier (once again thanks apple) now this is a kick in the teeth someone sent me a pic through there MMS and of course i get the email saying i have a pic waiting on viewmymessage.com ok so i click on the link and i wait for the page to come up, and i wait, and i wait then i get this message that says "safari could not open this page because the server stopped responding" ok so i tried to load the page again and i get the same message again and again and again. What the hell is this, is there site down????? so i tried getting on my computer and low and behold the site came right up. Now im a little confused so i try again on my phone and i get the same message again. no way am i going to deal with this there must be a problem with the phone and i just brought it yesterday. So i take it back to apple and i tell them the problem. they then take my phone and try to fix it they reset it they looked at some options changed some things but nothing seemed to get the site up. So the tech calls over another tech and askes to see his phone he then tries to get on the website on his phone and guess what he cant get on either. now were all confused so he tells me let me try one more thing he turns off my 3g and hooks up to apples WIFI then he tries again to get on the site and guess what........ he gets on with no problem. he then turns off the WIFI and puts on the 3G and he cant get on to the site anymore. so i ask him "are you telling that first you dont offer MMS on the iphone and the only other option i have is to view pics sent to me from other phones using MMS through this website which i can only access throgh WIFI???????" he says yes thats it.. What kind of crap is that???? doesnt that defeat the perpose of having internet access. We get screwed with no MMS and now we get screwed by only being able to view the site that has our pics through WIFI. That is completely horrible And really bad business. the only good thing that came out of all this is that i have 30 days to return the phone if im not satisfied. (once agian thanks Apple.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Can't view that site on the iPhone. You have to go to your computer and check it out. No flash support on the iPhone. Lame I know but we have to deal with it. From now on have people send MMS messages to your email. That will work.

c0rnBre4d

Sep 2, 2008
Visit site
Work-around

I hadn't noticed this "issue" since I dont get a lot of MMS and typically check them at home where I have WiFi. I got an MMS today at work though that I REALLY wanted to see right away and found that via Edge or 3G I was getting the "Safari could not open the page because the server stopped responding" message. Thanks to this forum for providing more background info by the way. Anyways, since it appeared that they were purposely blocking access to specific users I figured I'd try a proxy so that they wouldn't be able to tell I was an iPhone user. Guess what? It worked! I used sneakme.net in 3G mode but I imagine it would work fine on Edge as well. It may only be a matter of time until they lock out anyonomous access from proxies but for now ENJOY!!!!

lawgone

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
No MMS for iPhone is last straw

Can't view that site on the iPhone. You have to go to your computer and check it out. No flash support on the iPhone. Lame I know but we have to deal with it. From now on have people send MMS messages to your email. That will work.

Are you employed by Apple or just so in love with them that you don't care what they do. I should tell all my friends how to do this workaround? Are you crazy? I've had the iPhone since the first week it came out and STILL no MMS. It's a simple software update and Apple refuses to do it. If there is some reason they can't then they need to tell us and we may understand. But to ignore the problem is arrogant and shows that Apple does not care about serving its customers. I mean, just today...a girl I just started seeing sent me a picture message. Of course, I'm at work so I can't see it and for whatever absolutely INSANE reason you can not pull up viewmymessage.com on EDGE or 3G so I can't see it. Who knows what it is, but I can't reply back to her and say "Sorry, my lame a$$ iPhone doesn't get picture messages but here's a work around." Give me a break. I used to love Apple and am starting to hate them. I will not buy another single one of their products until they fix this or offer a satisfactory explaination.

Jeremy

Retired Moderator
Mar 27, 2005
www.iMore.com
Are you employed by Apple or just so in love with them that you don't care what they do. I should tell all my friends how to do this workaround? Are you crazy? I've had the iPhone since the first week it came out and STILL no MMS. It's a simple software update and Apple refuses to do it. If there is some reason they can't then they need to tell us and we may understand. But to ignore the problem is arrogant and shows that Apple does not care about serving its customers. I mean, just today...a girl I just started seeing sent me a picture message. Of course, I'm at work so I can't see it and for whatever absolutely INSANE reason you can not pull up viewmymessage.com on EDGE or 3G so I can't see it. Who knows what it is, but I can't reply back to her and say "Sorry, my lame a$$ iPhone doesn't get picture messages but here's a work around." Give me a break. I used to love Apple and am starting to hate them. I will not buy another single one of their products until they fix this or offer a satisfactory explaination.

Wow, where to begin, all of the answers you seek are in this forum regarding MMS. MMS is bad technology. Very low quality compared to email. Apple has indeed stated why there is no MMS. They feel email is the way to go because of the quality it provides over MMS. And I agree. I have no issues receiving or sending pictures what so ever on my iPhone to other cell phones or emails. Very simple actually. People just need to step out of the box once in a while.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2