Hey guys, just got done 'brushing' my iPhone and it looks great!
    I'm cleaning it off now since the electrical tape did leave a little bit of a residue. I'll be posting some pictures soon!

Hopefully this link works:
    MobileMe Gallery
    Enjoy and sorry for having such a poor digital camera.
    Great job Reaktor5! It looks amazing!
    08-06-2008 03:11 PM
    Reaktor5, looks great.

I also took the back part of my invisible shield just yesterday because I was unhappy with it. It felt awkward and the corners would stick out and peel up.
    08-06-2008 06:36 PM
    Reaktor5, looks great.

I also took the back part of my invisible shield just yesterday because I was unhappy with it. It felt awkward and the corners would stick out and peel up.
    Same with me. Dirt/lint got under there and it really looked awful.
    I'm thinking about getting a FullBodyFilms set, iLounge gave it an A- and said it was the best out of the three they tested (including the invisibleshield). And it's the cheapest of the three, go figure.

FullBodyFilms Protection Pack for iPhone 3G | iLounge
    08-06-2008 06:53 PM
    @Reaktor

Any negative effects of doing this so far?
    08-08-2008 12:09 PM
    @Reaktor

Any negative effects of doing this so far?
    Nope none yet.
    One thing I found was some of the brush strokes weren't going in the same direction (me being dumb and using small strokes) so I went back over it and it seems to look better. Which is good, if you mess up you can fix it.

I also did the sleep/wake button, volume up/down, and the silent button. It blends in a lot better that way. And surprisingly, that's how I thought it was going to look by the Macworld pictures.
    08-08-2008 01:27 PM
    Nope none yet.
    One thing I found was some of the brush strokes weren't going in the same direction (me being dumb and using small strokes) so I went back over it and it seems to look better. Which is good, if you mess up you can fix it.

I also did the sleep/wake button, volume up/down, and the silent button. It blends in a lot better that way. And surprisingly, that's how I thought it was going to look by the Macworld pictures.
    Sounds good. Cool.
    08-08-2008 01:41 PM
    Sounds good. Cool.
    Planning to do yours soon?
    08-08-2008 01:51 PM
    Planning to do yours soon?
    I want to, just going to hold off until/or if I scratch the chrome up. Which may take a good amount of time. I baby my phones. I was tempted the other day but I decided against it for whatever reason.
    08-08-2008 01:58 PM
    I want to, just going to hold off until/or if I scratch the chrome up. Which may take a good amount of time. I baby my phones. I was tempted the other day but I decided against it for whatever reason.
    Yeah that's what I was going to do. But the pictures got the best of me.
    08-08-2008 02:05 PM
    I finally got around to doing my girlfriends phone to see how it would turn out and it looks pretty good. Although you can see where I taped too much on the chrome so I will have to go over it again quick. But it does look nice. And no more finger prints on the chrome!!!
    08-13-2008 12:14 PM
    i did my 16GB black today... i love it! the buttons are a pain in the butt, but doable..
    08-16-2008 08:11 PM
    i did my 16GB black today... i love it! the buttons are a pain in the butt, but doable..
    Looks great!
    Are you using a case for the back of your iPhone? I can't tell.
    08-16-2008 10:08 PM
    no... took the case off, it was trapping water and "stuff" (explicative removed) under the case and putting little micro scratches on the back, especially the chrome piece, which prompted me to do this project.
    08-16-2008 10:21 PM
    Finally got around and did this to my iPhone. Looks good and no more finger prints all over the chrome!
    09-15-2008 09:49 PM
    Finally got around and did this to my iPhone. Looks good and no more finger prints all over the chrome!
    Post some pictures!

Still loving mine.
    09-15-2008 09:53 PM
    Post some pictures!

Still loving mine.
    Give me a day or two and I will for sure. And I think I'm going to go over it one more time. Looks good now but I spotted one little spot I want to redo.
    09-15-2008 10:03 PM
    Sadly when I get my Incase Slider this/next week it's going to be covering it up.
    09-15-2008 10:08 PM
    Sadly when I get my Incase Slider this/next week it's going to be covering it up.
    Least you don't have to worry about the case scratching the chrome up...
    09-15-2008 10:10 PM
    Least you don't have to worry about the case scratching the chrome up...
    Or getting another small crack!

Fell asleep next to it and apparently knocked it off in my sleep and got a small crack near the dock connector.
    09-15-2008 11:38 PM
    This mod looks pretty cool and is probably a God send if you've scratched up your chrome. Do you guys think it's possible to do other mods like replacing the volume keys with the black ones on the Touch 2G?

I've had a look at iFixit and it seems that its possible to replace almost any part so perhaps you could swap things like the volume keys out.

What do you think?
    09-19-2008 12:52 PM
    This mod looks pretty cool and is probably a God send if you've scratched up your chrome. Do you guys think it's possible to do other mods like replacing the volume keys with the black ones on the Touch 2G?

I've had a look at iFixit and it seems that its possible to replace almost any part so perhaps you could swap things like the volume keys out.

What do you think?
    That would probably require opening the iPhone up. Something I'm not ready to do anytime soon. You could possibly use some sort of specialized paint.
    I think the brushed look is good for the volume keys myself. Looks great on mine.
    09-19-2008 12:58 PM

What do you think?
    I didn't think I would be crazy for the chrome volume buttons but it is nice. You may not want to try changing them out...
    09-25-2008 10:54 AM
    Just bringing a older thread back into the limelight. This really does improve the look of the iPhone...
    11-22-2008 01:42 AM
    that looks a lot better than it does stock. going to try this tonight.
    11-25-2008 03:27 PM
    so do scratches show up on the brushed chrome now?
    12-02-2008 12:44 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD