Hello to you all, long time reader, first time poster.

My 3G finally arrived after what seemed like years!!!

So now I go to the App Store to download some fun games, and the user name it defaults to is some Yahoo Address, not the one i told the AT&T rep...

How can i change the log in name to mine? Does this question make sense?
    Thank you all in advance for any help.
    mariamazariegos likes this.
    07-28-2008 03:49 PM
    Your log in name is your iTunes account name. You did set up a account within iTunes correct?
    07-28-2008 05:27 PM
    I did, i just think the guy at the ATT store did it incorrectly.

Where, if anywhere, can i change it to my username? Was he meant to do it when i signed up? I have an active iTunes account, but it is not the one that shows up when i try to download an app.

Thank you very much for your reply sir
    07-28-2008 05:54 PM
    Actually i'm just going to the ATT store now, When this is resolved, i will update this thread. Thank you for your time
    07-28-2008 05:55 PM
    It turns out the ***** AT&T store rep put in his own email address when setting my phone up. He had no idea how to undo this, so I suggested resetting the device (as i had owned it for 4 hours, I had nothing on it). Upon resetting, when you connect to the App Store for the first time, you are required to enter the login name, which i did. Everything works 100% now!

Thank you for your help
    07-29-2008 08:42 AM
    Should have purchased a few things on his account while you were at it
    07-30-2008 07:33 PM
    It turns out the ***** AT&T store rep put in his own email address when setting my phone up. He had no idea how to undo this, so I suggested resetting the device (as i had owned it for 4 hours, I had nothing on it). Upon resetting, when you connect to the App Store for the first time, you are required to enter the login name, which i did. Everything works 100% now!

Thank you for your help
    Glad to hear that you got it to work! That guy at the Apple store is an *****.
    07-30-2008 08:06 PM
    Should have purchased a few things on his account while you were at it
    Hehehe sketchy...
    07-30-2008 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD