1. Meh_whatever's Avatar
    Okay... here's the deal:

    I don't have one, but I also haven't been shopping for one... yet.

    I'm torn because I can get back my corporate discount if I go for the 3g (they won't give it to me with my 2g, even though I've had it for over and year, and Apple isn't selling them anymore). Jerks.

    Anyway, if I go for the 3g, I can sell my 2g on eBay, and make enough to cover for buying a new handset, no problem. I will also get my discount back, which will cover the extra 15 bucks a month for the rate plan.

    My dilemma is this: my son is on my plan and has an iPhone 2g. If we add TWO of those to the mix, my rate will go up by 15 bucks plus tax.

    I do have an extra line at home that I might get rid of because nobody uses it. It was supposed to be the 'home' phone line. My daughter wants a cell phone but uh.. no.. she's only 7. LOL

    Still, I only wanted to upgrade if I was gonna save money, or at least pay the same.

    Ideas?

    I'm annoyed that I could be saving 15% on my 2100 minute rate plan from AT&T, but the cheap assholes won't give me the damned discount.

    So in a way, I feel obliged to go out, upgrade, then sell both iPhones for profit.

    I'm pretty sure we can. They're in excellent condition.

    Help. I need a sanity check.

    Though in truth, coming to the iPhone Blog Forums for one of those seems irrational of me.



    I forgot to mention that AT&T in their wisdom (not) will NOT give me my discount if there is ANY 2g iPhone on my plan. Even if it is not the primary (which is weird, as the discount is only on the rate plan for the primary line, not the secondary lines). My son's phone is a secondary line.

    Argh.
    07-21-2008 12:59 PM
  2. ktm97's Avatar
    I was not going switch, my Treo 680 works great, but after being away on a biz trip and having someone along with 3g I came home and ordered it. now I just have to wait.
    07-21-2008 01:07 PM
  3. Meh_whatever's Avatar
    Well, ktm, I already have an iPhone (I'm such a geek, I bought it on launch day back in 2007), so I already prefer them to any of the other smartphones. I'm just trying to sort out whether it's worth it to switch now, or wait and see if AT&T quit being cheap and give me my corporate discount. I'm in no hurry, just looking for opinions.

    07-21-2008 02:23 PM
  4. iphonemilk's Avatar
    get the 3g Bro... =)

    the sexyness alone is what sold me...
    07-21-2008 03:38 PM
  5. Meh_whatever's Avatar
    Yeah. I like that white 16gig.



    Soo... do I jailbreak my 2g before I sell that baby on eBay?

    I just dunno. I don't need the money, so if I wrecked it, it wouldn't be a tragedy. But it sure would be nice to recoup the losses from my 600-dollar launch purchase (okay, so 500 dollars, thanks to the gracious 'rebate'). Ha!
    07-21-2008 03:40 PM
  6. iphonemilk's Avatar
    I'm actually keeping my 2g, for a spare games device (b/c i put 2.0 on it)
    the other day sitting and waiting for Dark knight my buddy and i played games together, b/c i whupped out the old 2g =)

    i'm not an ebay/iphone expert so i dont know what people are buying? hacked or /non hacked.... dunno....
    07-21-2008 03:53 PM
  7. ktm97's Avatar
    either way they have both hands in your pockets, It's either the phone cost or service, I was able to switch my plan and save $30.00 a month. It will never even out. My first Treo was over $600.00 I now feel I only have to bend over half way! If and when I get the Iphone.
    07-21-2008 03:57 PM
  8. iphonemilk's Avatar
    Hope you get yours soon KT! :P

    you will love it.

    Just browsing the APP store alone for all the new stuff that comes out everyday keeps me busy, its like a Hobby. APP Store browsing! :P


    Weeee fun
    07-21-2008 07:09 PM
  9. ktm97's Avatar
    I'm 10th on my store list and it looks like they are only shipping about 3 phones per day not sure on size or color so that may delay the arrival
    07-21-2008 07:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD