So nobody has brought one yet?

whatever7

Oct 24, 2004
Visit site
In the other forum I hang out (somethingawful), tons of people have brought one yesterday. I am surprised onbody on treocentral has brought one.

This just reinforce my theory that the iPhone targets traditional non-smartphone users. And most of the initial buyers are college kids.

edit: wait MacUser has gotten one. We need a user review stat! :)

tirk

Apr 5, 2006
Visit site
Nah, it's just none of them has managed to type treocentral.com into the browser using the virtual keyboard yet!

[Edit]

There's always one clever sod about! :D

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
i bought two on-line (didn't have time to stand in line) so in 2-4 weeks they should arrive. I've had a treo 650 for years and a samsung i500 (palm phone) before that. I'm no college kid :)

cmaier

Jun 29, 2007
Visit site
Not everyone posts here, dude. And there are a few other people posting here on other threads who say they bought them.

Treo is great. I love my treo. But i've seen no innovation from palm in several years, and they seem to now even have trouble getting the products right and getting firmware out.

The main thing i'm going to miss is an API/SDK. I love programming games for my treo, and it hurts me to be stuck with what the device maker thinks I need on my device.

byronchurch

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
I got one ..I Love it..I wonder how many Hours it will take for the first update ? PALM !!!? calendar must get better fast ! Just real busy .. Nice job on sight ...Did I mention I LOVE IT ? Like a beautiful child I could just sit and watch it grow !!!! Tomorrow I hope PEACE

dwman

Dec 3, 2003
Visit site
I'll probably get one eventually after Apple works out the kinks from this model. I still have my nearly 3 yr old Treo 650 that works fine. Not crazy about potentially moving to AT&T, but if Verizon ever got the iPhone it would be a no brainer.

Looking forward to see what Apple comes up with in it's 2.0 model.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
I'll probably get one eventually after Apple works out the kinks from this model. I still have my nearly 3 yr old Treo 650 that works fine. Not crazy about potentially moving to AT&T, but if Verizon ever got the iPhone it would be a no brainer.

Looking forward to see what Apple comes up with in it's 2.0 model.
I think that's the problem. A lot of would be willing to try if it were on other networks for 2.0, but the current plan is that AT&T has a 5 year exclusive...

Yeah, didn't you get the memo? Apple bought Palm and replaced all the Treos with iPhones. There are only 3 Treos left in existence and they are in the Smithsonian.
lol, where's mine!

vinman

Sep 22, 2004
Visit site
I think that's the problem. A lot of would be willing to try if it were on other networks for 2.0, but the current plan is that AT&T has a 5 year exclusive...

lol, where's mine!

That 5 year exclusive is apparently for a narrowly defined north American model. There is already substantial talk of a GSM 3G model releasing in Europe late this year. In Europe, companies aren't allowed to lock the phones, so a SIM card will pop in, and voila (theoretically). Now that I have to wait 'til October, could be an interesting development...

JustLeft

Sep 11, 2004
Visit site
Thought I would throw out one other comment regarding the Treo 700p. One year old, being end of lifed, and no updates during that year. I know that there is a Sprint MR that came out recently, then was pulled, then re-released. But during that year, no fixes for the myriad of problems that occurred for a number of people.

The iPhone is not the perfect device. It has it's own flaws. I am betting though that Apple will be making updates during the next year. I am betting that they won't sell their OS to a 3rd party. I have hope with Apple and time will tell if it is well placed. I have no hope with Palm.

nospleen

Aug 17, 2002
Visit site
I bought mine in San Antonio and I was about 30th in line. In front of me I saw around 8 Treos. I myself had my treo with me. I do not think the iPhone is going to directly compete with the mass Treo base. But, I was surprised to see as many Treos as I did.

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
Won't happen (the throwing of treos out)...maybe in 3-4 yrs time..maybe there'll be moe iPhones than treos around..but iPhone will have to improve. If Palm ahs NAy sense they'll come out with something so min dnumbing we'll think it's not even a treo lol (the Foleo WAS mindnumbing wasn't it?! :D)...but my bet is on helio, HTC and SE coming up with the competing goods...and iPhone v2 Jan 2008.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77