10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
I argued here that we did not need Wi-Fi for Treos. 3G is ubiquitous and fast enough. I use Sprint/EVDO for my PC to the exclusion of WiFi (except at home).

As an iPhone/EDGE user I am finding that WiFi is much more widely deployed and useful than I would have expected. Most of the WiFi that my iPhone discovers is closed but there is still enough that is open as to be useful.

While the impact of WiFi on battery life is noticeable, at least with the modern chips in the iPhone, battery life is not the excuse that Palm would have had us believe.

3G is still NOT everywhere in the US!

But since it's new technology and we need to move forward, phones without 3G are definitely backwards IMO. I like phones with both wifi and 3G since they cover both areas when one is not to be found.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Look what continent you're on. North America is still in the dark ages sometimes! We only recently started thinking of 3G as a regular feature and not a luxury feature! Hasn't it been overseas for at least 10 years, if not a bit more?

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
3g and wifi

3G and WiFi serves two different purposes. To me, 3G and WiFi are both needed...one for when you are on the road (i.e. out of home) and one when you are home or at work with WiFi access.

And yes, 3G is not yet ubiquitous everywhere...most metro areas have it, but if you hit outside that, it's 2.5 or less.

WiFi was supposed to be everywhere, but stil isn't (at least not in open forms).

Let's just get to 4G, 5G, Wimax, super-HSDPA, etc.

I feel the need to speed.

Give us 5MB down and 1MB up (and devices that can handle that) and we are all happy campers. ;-)

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
hmm

I guess the unlocking is on hold...the AT&T lawyers are sinking their teeth into the liberators.

They will of course, lose...the people who can't make money will release it into the wild and it will be game over.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
So this isn't a playa's phone then? It will help him get the girls, but it wont help keep them separate!

- - Delete single recent call?
fozo 08-24-2007 07:52 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Delete single recent call?

Is there away to delete a single recent call without "Clear All" recent calls?

jecapaga 08-25-2007 12:15 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not that I can figure out. Strange. This needs to be fixed.

donlphi 08-25-2007 12:25 AM

I too find the need to hide things from my significant other without making my phone seem suspiciously empty. :D

Just kidding. I agree. There are some numbers I'd like to keep on there and some I'd just like to remove.

fozo 08-25-2007 07:37 PM

That's strange that no one ever report this? Not sure if this is a bug or something that they left out intentionly. How are we going to report this any way?
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=346172

Surur

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
You can't delete a SINGLE call? is that really true? If so, I think I may be waiting longer than I thought. Just about all phones allow single call deletion! In fact I have never seen one that didn't, even if it was only halfway good!

Kupe#WP

Jul 28, 2000
Visit site
It's an iPod that can make phone calls. What it's not is a phone that also plays music. It's also not a communications device that happens to play music and make calls. It's 3 distinct, barely integrated, devices - 2 of which are mediocre in their implementation.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
You can't delete a SINGLE call? is that really true? If so, I think I may be waiting longer than I thought. Just about all phones allow single call deletion! In fact I have never seen one that didn't, even if it was only halfway good!

correct, and in truth i wouldn't have noticed if i didn't read these threads. it does seem absolutely silly that one can't delete a single call as some calls one might want to leave on the list, others not. it would be nice to condense the list that's for certain. what is interesting is that i didn't notice before.

and correct, one can't delete a single sms comment and would have to delete the entire conversation. i'm sure there's a reason why you would want to delete a comment but deleting the conversation doesn't seem like a nuissance to me. if the conversation is over, delete it, if not, keep it. not too big of a deal in my eyes.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
It's an iPod that can make phone calls. What it's not is a phone that also plays music. It's also not a communications device that happens to play music and make calls. It's 3 distinct, barely integrated, devices - 2 of which are mediocre in their implementation.

i suppose that's your opinion. i find the phone to work just fine. i love the ipod and video (i watched an entire episode of csi miami yesterday afternoon and was simply amazed at the clarity/sound and how much i could actually see on screen.....how anyone gets any real viewing pleasure out of a smaller screen i don't know). the internet experience has been like no other on any device i've owned. sms/email work adequately. should one be able to attach photos to an email? absolutely and it definitely has its shortcomings but it works pretty well for me.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
and correct, one can't delete a single sms comment and would have to delete the entire conversation. i'm sure there's a reason why you would want to delete a comment but deleting the conversation doesn't seem like a nuissance to me. if the conversation is over, delete it, if not, keep it. not too big of a deal in my eyes.

I think because you cant delete individual messages the converse is also true - you cant save a message while removing the rest of the conversation.

An example would be if some-one texted you a password, you could not save that message without also retaining the rest of the conversation.

Surur

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
I think because you cant delete individual messages the converse is also true - you cant save a message while removing the rest of the conversation.

An example would be if some-one texted you a password, you could not save that message without also retaining the rest of the conversation.

Surur

correct. one could save the password in the notes app i suppose. not a real nuissance in my eyes although not being able to delete a single call seems silly.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
correct. one could save the password in the notes app i suppose. not a real nuissance in my eyes although not being able to delete a single call seems silly.

Made less easy due to the lack of cut and paste (e.g. a long hexadecimal WIFI key)

Surur

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
That now means you have to save every single number you want to call back to contacts even if they really aren't a constant contact. There are some numbers I save on the call list because I need to call them back the same day, but they aren't a real contact. The others I delete so I don't have to go through them. If you want to clean up your call list on the iPhone, due to the all or none option, looks like you're stuck adding one-time contacts. You can delete single contacts though, right?

And there are reasons for keeping on part of an SMS conversation, but not the rest. Erase the small talk, but leave the important details, if the conversation was important. I hate looking through a long thread just to find what I need, so I erase the small talk.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
why the iPhone doesn't work for some and why it works for some others. some might depend on sms for work purposes, some might enjoy it for its simplicity and fun during the off hours.

like i said, i hadn't even noticed the inability to delete a single call on the list, i do think it's silly that you can't. but since i didn't notice i must not have been all that reliant upon it or it didn't matter to me much. i suppose if the caller was that important to me i'd save it. i'm not sure but it might only save those calls for one calendar month as my list only goes back to the beginning of August (can't see calls prior to).

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
I use my phones for both business and friends and get calls from people I don't know. Some of them are useless calls, so I need to seperate the serious from the non-serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2