10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
well

llarsen, please review TC terms of use before stating anyone is violating anything.

Before you "flame on", you need to do something flameworthy.

zeze22

Sep 18, 2006
Visit site
Maybe that'd have been true in 8th grade, but we're adults here.

Adults spend day and night between this forum and seeking out critical iPhone posts on the web to copy them here with inane and nasty commentary?....

I check in every few days and can't believe the persistence.

Adults? This is schoolyard behavior with a twist of oddball personality disorder.

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
I find it hilarious how this thread is the 5th most popular in the "Other Devices" forum. Isn't there an iPhone forum? Don't you Palm/WM guys have anything else to talk about?

(realizing both parties are just a guilty...but it is funny none the less).

Carry on... :)

Of course not...everybody has had their treos from anywhere between 2 months to 10 yrs! Every problem ahs been discussed umpteen times - after getting my treo 680 i wa on this forum straight for about 4 weeks..after that it was occasional as my phone was already set and running.

The iPhone is the new smug arrogant rich kid on the block (well Jobs is the arrogant smug & rich part) who claim they're better than your buddy who you've known for 5 yrs - a buddy who wasn't even trying to pick a fight. In your backyard (treocentral) - you're damn riht it's fun to give the new kid a right ribbing that's well deserved! :D

bruckwine

Nov 25, 2006
Visit site
I don't think its fair to pollute the new iPhone forum with a thread negative to the iPhone. Obviously those people have already made their choices. I think its unfortunate that it even shows up in the phonedifferent New Posts list.

Surur

Mentioned that over there - i think moderators feel there aren't enough members over there yet to justify cutting that site loose from treocentral...these "other handhelds" posts keep it active so to speak.

AnteL0pe

Jul 21, 2005
Visit site
I also read that you cant edit calendar appointments on the iphone, but surely that is wrong
That is incorrect.

I'm a believer the same can be said of the Treo. We have at least a hundred Treo's in our company. They range from the 600 to the 755. We have Palm OS and WM. We have not had a one want to give it up because they are having problems. In fact, when I did a poll of our users, they all stated they had no problems in their daily use.
What ever you're doing to maintain them keep it up, that is not the normal in my experience.

You are missing the point of the thread again. Its not about my opinion (how much weight does that have in any case?) - its negative experiences by actual users, which is less easily dismissed.
Most of what you are posting are isolated incidents, not issues indicative of a widespread problem.

This is to counter the hype of the wonderful user experience everybody is proclaiming all over the place.
That really pains you doesnt it...

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
The iPhone is the new smug arrogant rich kid on the block (well Jobs is the arrogant smug & rich part) who claim they're better than your buddy who you've known for 5 yrs - a buddy who wasn't even trying to pick a fight. In your backyard (treocentral) - you're damn riht it's fun to give the new kid a right ribbing that's well deserved! :D

why do you use "rich kid" in association with the iPhone? is it necessary?

and what are these rich kids claiming? who is your buddy?

and this new kid, why does he deserve a ribbing? did he insult you?

taylorh

May 24, 2004
www.gadgetech.info
The iPhone has brought out the nasty angry people all because Steve Jobs and Apples marketing has played this up to the best PDA phone in existence and years ahead of the competition. And it pisses people off. Even if it were true, it's still rubbing it in. Especially when iPhone people go to a Treo forum and start talking about how it's better than a Treo.
iPhone people should not look for acceptance amongst a Treo community to validate the iPhone as the best tool. They should expect a backlash. I don't walk in to a mac store and start talking about how my Windows Vista PC is better than what they have there and expect them to agree, I'm going to get nothing but an argument.

It's like when Windows 95 came out and everyone wore those stupid shirts that said "Windows 95 = Mac 89." While funny, it was infuriating because the statement couldn't be further from the truth. Mac 89 couldn't even multitask.

Just as the iPhone does not replace the blackberry and Treos despite Job's extremely smug claims. It doesn't even come close. But the 'sheep' bow down to the Job's God and and say "yes master, fancy UI, ooooh shiny object, oooh yes Steve Jobs is a Genius." OK so I'm exaggerating but that's how iPhone fans sound sometimes.

Don't get me wrong I'm nobody's fanboy and I'm not an iPhone hater. I quite like the iPhone in more ways that I don't. And I did try it for myself, I'm not going on 'what I hear.' It's not for me, at least not in it's current state, so be it. The only reason I visited this thread in the fist place was to add my opinion after trying it for myself.

But even I can't just 'walk away' after the Apple media blitz playing up how the iPhone is solution to the world's cel phone problems.

Maybe I should. Ok unsubscribing now. I can't take this.

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
zeze

zeze22,

I know you are but what am I? ;-)

I only have three word for the most advanced PDA/phone/pmp that is 5 years ahead of everybody else: Cut and paste.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
zeze22,

I only have three word for the most advanced PDA/phone/pmp that is 5 years ahead of everybody else: Cut and paste.

Who cares about cut and paste if your phone is crashing all the time (treo 700p), or unusable as a cellphone ( htc 8125). I did use it every now and then on my blackberry (a far better and more reliable platform than either palm or win mobile).

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
question, are there individuals claiming that it's a more capable device or are they claiming that they like the device better than some other?

it makes me laugh (and i'm sure it does many others) when i hear that Apple's marketing strategy (and success...check their stock price over the last couple of years and let me know what you see) "pisses them off." it's a marketing strategy, don't let it bother you so.

it is a fancy UI, perhaps one of the best out there right now.

Denny Crane

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
Who cares about cut and paste if your phone is crashing all the time (treo 700p), or unusable as a cellphone ( htc 8125). I did use it every now and then on my blackberry (a far better and more reliable platform than either palm or win mobile).

^^^^The Truth^^^^

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Most of what you are posting are isolated incidents, not issues indicative of a widespread problem.

We don't know that, do we. Safari crashing seems quite common actually.

Surur

mikec#IM

Dec 4, 2002
Visit site
ha...

"Who cares about cut and paste?"

Obviously not people who like re-typing data unnecessarily.

I bet if you did a poll on any pda/smartphoneforum, that function would be highly desired/expected.

Malatesta

Jan 19, 2006
Visit site
Great argument! So there shouldn't be a feature on the iPhone because you don't like your 700p or 8525.

Brilliant.
I really dont understand why people that dislike the iPhone spend time posting on iPhone forums, searching the official apple message boards for bad reviews, and posting any negative thing they can find about the device.
maybe they don't have anything better to do and it makes them feel good
As to the heroic and sane job or posting relentlessly in this thread to defend the iPhone? Why do you folks care so much that people in this one thread want to rip on the iPhone? :rolleyes:

Quit trying to crash the party, skirt over the iPhone forums and have a blast.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
cut and paste is a good feature, no doubt.

it just doesn't seem like it's a requirement. if you don't believe me, ask the 1mm (1MM, 1million, one million) individuals who purchased one.

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
Quit trying to crash the party, skirt over the iPhone forums and have a blast.

ok, you guys continue to have your fun

PartyHats-m.jpg

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
"Who cares about cut and paste?"

Obviously not people who like re-typing data unnecessarily.

I bet if you did a poll on any pda/smartphoneforum, that function would be highly desired/expected.

unfortunately, you only quoted half of my statement.

mobileman

Apr 28, 2004
Visit site
Great argument! So there shouldn't be a feature on the iPhone because you don't like your 700p or 8525.

Brilliant.

As to the heroic and sane job or posting relentlessly in this thread to defend the iPhone? Why do you folks care so much that people in this one thread want to rip on the iPhone? :rolleyes:

Point 1. Once again, read my whole statement. I never said there shouldnt be cut and paste.

Point 2. Kind of like the heroic sane job of posting relentlessly in this thread to slam the iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77