10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
What's with all the negative propaganda, OP? Seems like you are terrified someone will actually like the iPhone. I do. Read my post here if you are curious what it's like to like the thing.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6800-xv6800/89406-had-sprint-7-yrs-have-mogul-its-going-back-got-iphone-tonight-wow.html

Sorry, from that thread you come across as easily impressed by superficials. From the complaints we are seeing the iPhone really lacks any depth.

Surur

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
It's easy for anyone to comb through forums and only relay the negative information.

I'm pretty sure this phone will smash the market share. It's just incredible. I've used the 600/650/700wx/6700/Q/8703e/Mogul and this iPhone completely owns them all. I realize it's hard to like an Apple product, but as a MSFT-mostly guy, I'm astonished.

Whatever your knee-jerk opinion is of the iPhone, at least test drive the thing before plastering nonsense on the internet.

volwrath

Oct 11, 2006
Visit site
What's with all the negative propaganda, OP? Seems like you are terrified someone will actually like the iPhone. I do. Read my post here if you are curious what it's like to like the thing.

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6800-xv6800/89406-had-sprint-7-yrs-have-mogul-its-going-back-got-iphone-tonight-wow.html

Just try one yourself and let us know how it compares.

Umm shouldnt you give it more than a few hours before you become truly satisfied/dissatisfied with it? Let the mystique wear off first

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Sorry, from that thread you come across as easily impressed by superficials. From the complaints we are seeing the iPhone really lacks any depth.

Surur
lol. Ok man. I'm just a kidd-o who likes kewl things. Not really. I am a heavy business user (see post history) and enjoy non-work things as well. The iPhone fits the bill for me beyond my expectations. Imagine if this was the 1st ever Treo or WM device. Apple got it right, no matter how hard that is to realize.

Oh well. Whatever works for you, I suppose. I'm elated with my superficial toy. :)

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Surur...I think you'll get the most yayas from the iPhone forums here:

http://www.everythingiphone.com/forum/

First rule about AppleClub, you never buy a first production Apple product.
Oh you are right. This is cute:

Having problems getting more than a whisper from this iphone speaker. The ringer and ipod is making sounds but it's too quiet. A mosquito buzzing around is louder. Already gone through the settings and max the volume control. Any thoughts? Thanks!

cafetime21
-------------------------------------------

I am still trying to figure it out as well. Speaker is very quiet.
http://www.everythingiphone.com/for...this-iphone-built-in-ringer-speaker-2878.html

Surur

volwrath

Oct 11, 2006
Visit site
It's easy for anyone to comb through forums and only relay the negative information.

I'm pretty sure this phone will smash the market share. It's just incredible. I've used the 600/650/700wx/6700/Q/8703e/Mogul and this iPhone completely owns them all. I realize it's hard to like an Apple product, but as a MSFT-mostly guy, I'm astonished.

Whatever your knee-jerk opinion is of the iPhone, at least test drive the thing before plastering nonsense on the internet.

All surer has been doing is posting some of the impressions of those who bought the thing. And I bet more people still havent been activated than those happy with it. Wonder when AT&Ts 14days start...1.5 days to get activated only 12.5 days to evaluate it.

volwrath

Oct 11, 2006
Visit site
there are hundreds of posts from people that are loving their experience with it. i would hardly say that the minuses are greater than the positives.

right, read them for yourselves, it would be silly to spend the time to copy and paste each and every one of them.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=321623&page=19

Hehe well Im too lazy to go digging up experiences on iphone, so I like it spoon fed..Still there is alot of negativity for a device that is 16 hours old.

coolbreeze78

Nov 11, 2004
Visit site
Hehe well Im too lazy to go digging up experiences on iphone, so I like it spoon fed..Still there is alot of negativity for a device that is 16 hours old.

People are expecting pefection. The bar is off the charts high. Again, imagine if this was Palm's or MSFT's first entry ever into the mobile phone market. People would be giving them mega credit for taking a swing, and defending it at every opportunity. B/c it is AAPL, people want something that works as if it has been around for years and has every single bug/issue ironed out.

I'd say for a 16-hr old device, my iPhone has already surpassed Palm/MSFT/RIM's best ever work.

Just my opinion.

Gotta go cut the grass now, so I'm outta here. :hmm:

volwrath

Oct 11, 2006
Visit site
FW updates. Frequent FW updates. If issues are there, they will be fixed, unlike the yearly MR that ruins your phone.

I hope for the iphone fans you are correct. I also hope Stevie adds some missing features for you guys like MMS & A2DP. Things that should be there from the beginning.

But I dont know what you are talking about with MR as my 700wx has been solid from the start. :p

oalvarez

Apr 25, 2004
Visit site
I hope for the iphone fans you are correct. I also hope Stevie adds some missing features for you guys like MMS & A2DP. Things that should be there from the beginning.

But I dont know what you are talking about with MR as my 700wx has been solid from the start. :p

"for you guys" you mean, you....the actual owners don't seem to care (or know what it means)

your 700wx? it should be solid, brick solid.

volwrath

Oct 11, 2006
Visit site
"for you guys" you mean, you....the actual owners don't seem to care (or know what it means)

your 700wx? it should be solid, brick solid.

I don't understand your first statement. Are you talking about the iphone owners in regards to A2DP and MMS? or my MR comment?

You are correct in one regard. My 700wx is a brick. I also think its 240x240 dim screen is also a negative.

But it does have 3rd party support. When Sprint's 700wx bluetooth lacked A2DP, a 3rd party individual was able to get it patched (thanks Hannip :) ) Same with MMS & threaded chat.

surur

Aug 6, 2005
Visit site
Visual Voicemail problem

I can't seam to figure out how to get the visual voicemaill screen up any body been able to do it.

I did have the wifi conect problem that people where having secure networks.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=322589
Surur

volwrath

Oct 11, 2006
Visit site
Best post ever..bwahaha

All these activation problems are all apples fault. Since they wanted to have everything done to a 't' this is why everyone is getting so mad. If apple would have allowed ATT to activate the phones in store there would be less problems. Granted there would be problems as there always are, but they would be more isolated then the ones created by itunes activation. Thanks apple for giving ATT a bad name.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=322506

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2