Every treo ever made, 8125, Tytn, blackberry curve, pearl, 7100, 8700, nokia e70, e61

I only visit full sites, All I do is double tap the screen, and it fits the text in perfectly. Only scrolling I do is up and down. You did know your iPhone can do that, right?

I turn it on it's side and it goes horizontal. I put it back upright, and it switches back vertical. Never get the "snow globe" thing you talk about.
    That is quite a few devices.

Yep, I know the iPhone can do that. I guess the sites you view work well.

Glad no snow globe for you; again, the plane/angle makes a difference, but I supposed it varies depending on how you how the device.
    08-02-2007 01:04 PM
    Your using forum posts to gather data on amount of people satisfied with switching from a blackberry to an iPhone. Thats almost as lame as going to an apple store to check on iPhone sales.

Oh wait.......
    If that method is lame (implying the data is lame), then your posts, which are BB to iPhone, are therefore lame?

I guess many would agree.
    08-02-2007 01:05 PM
    I dont remember the comparison, i'll have to go back and look. But if the comparison was simply the email interface then i have to disagree with you.
    Here ya go:

""It connects to any POP3 or IMAP email -- Yahoo Mail, MS Exchange, Mac Mail... POP3: Gmail, AOL mail, and most ISPs... let's highlight one, Yahoo mail. Today we are announcing Yahoo will offer free push-IMAP email to iPhone customers. This isn't just IMAP, this is push-email, same as a BlackBerry."

Not the interface - the function compared to BB.
    08-02-2007 01:08 PM
    No. I like to collect old devices. The curve is by far my second favorite device right now. I actually like the BB OS a lot. What other OS makes it so easy to switch the size and style of fonts. If the BB had a large hi-rez screen like the iPhone, it what be difficult not to use it as my primary device.
    Of course it would need that browser that does full sites too....
    08-02-2007 01:09 PM
    Of course it would need that browser that does full sites too....
    agreed. I'm not going back to wap, mobile, and rss.
    08-02-2007 01:21 PM
    If that method is lame (implying the data is lame), then your posts, which are BB to iPhone, are therefore lame?

I guess many would agree.
    They would only agree if they knew what the heck you are talking about.
    08-02-2007 01:29 PM
    What's wrong with RSS from your favorite sites?
    08-02-2007 01:30 PM
    That is quite a few devices.

Yep, I know the iPhone can do that. I guess the sites you view work well.

Glad no snow globe for you; again, the plane/angle makes a difference, but I supposed it varies depending on how you how the device.
    I support all mobile devices for my company. Thus my user name.

What sites are you having problems with? I would like to try them out.
    08-02-2007 01:30 PM
    I much prefer going to the real site now. It was impossible on Blackberrys, WM, and Palm OS devices. The iPhone makes it very usable.
    08-02-2007 01:32 PM
    agreed. I'm not going back to wap, mobile, and rss.
    I agree mostly...WAP is ug, and RSS to me is just more email. Mobile sites do serve a purpose on bandwidth and screen constrained devices.
    08-02-2007 01:32 PM
    Apparently because it lacks formatting it can not convey any useful information.

Its full sites or nothing.

Surur
    08-02-2007 01:34 PM
    I much prefer going to the real site now. It was impossible on Blackberrys, WM, and Palm OS devices. The iPhone makes it very usable.
    Exaggerate much?

Surur
    08-02-2007 01:34 PM
    Mobile sites do serve a purpose on bandwidth and screen constrained devices.
    Agreed, thats why I now prefer a device with a nice hi-res screen. Not sure about bandwidth, I don't find it that bad on EDGE here in NY.
    08-02-2007 01:35 PM
    Exaggerate much?

Surur
    No. I have to admit I never tried the HTC Universal that Surur uses. At that size I would just prefer to use my laptop.
    08-02-2007 01:36 PM
    Actually I was just thinking that RSS updates from favorite sites may not be all that bad, not for formatting reasons, but just because some sites update a lot(like this one).
    08-02-2007 01:37 PM
    Apparently because it lacks formatting it can not convey any useful information.

Its full sites or nothing.

Surur

So funny. You pick the thing that the iPhone does best, and degrade it to a non-issue. However, animated .gif support is tremendously important to you. You are such a hypocrite.
    08-02-2007 01:37 PM
    The Universal has nothing to with it. With good reflowing you can visit any site. If its information you after what difference does it make if the ads are not next to the text anymore?

Surur
    08-02-2007 01:38 PM
    So funny. You pick the thing that the iPhone does best, and degrade it to a non-issue. However, animated .gif support is tremendously important to you. You are such a hypocrite.
    Who said its important. Its just another limitation of the JesusPhone, and something I would miss if I did not have it.

Surur
    08-02-2007 01:39 PM
    The Universal has nothing to with it. With good reflowing you can visit any site. If its information you after what difference does it make if the ads are not next to the text anymore?

Surur

Sorry Surur, but browsing a "real" website on a 240x240, or 320x240 screen using PIE becomes one big scrollfest.
    08-02-2007 01:40 PM
    Who said its important. Its just another limitation of the JesusPhone, and something I would miss if I did not have it.

Surur

You would miss animated .gifs, but rss is ok with you? Makes perfect sense.
    08-02-2007 01:41 PM
    Sorry Surur, but browsing a "real" website on a 240x240, or 320x240 screen using PIE becomes one big scrollfest.
    In one column view the only scrolling is down.

And pocketIE is not the only browser on a small screened device.

Surur
    08-02-2007 01:41 PM
    You would miss animated .gifs, but rss is ok with you? Makes perfect sense.
    I can have both, and most forums dont do RSS feeds.

Surur
    08-02-2007 01:43 PM
    In one column view the only scrolling is down.

Surur

Yeah, and ofcourse the websites look and act nothing like they are inteded to. Usually, using this mode I found myself having to scroll through links, ads, and pictures before I got to the part I was interested in. No thanks, not going back.
    08-02-2007 01:43 PM
    I can have both, and most forums dont do RSS feeds.

Surur
    You can keep your animated .gifs, I'll stick with the iPhone browser any day over PIE. Maybe if you actually tried an iPhone, you would like it too.
    08-02-2007 01:44 PM
    But yet you haven't used it in a month and sound a bit disdainful of it when comparing it to the iPhone.
    Thats all in your head. I just said its my second favorite device. The best email device by far on the market. I would miss the iPhone screen, keyboard, browser, sms, video and music capabilities if I switched back
    08-02-2007 01:47 PM
3,194 ... 8990919293 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD