Denny,

Please post the quote where Surur said all iPhones (or a majority of them) were having problems.
    07-07-2007 10:12 AM
    Denny,

Please post the quote where Surur said all iPhones (or a majority of them) were having problems.
    Evidently you haven't read his first three posts in this thread.
    07-07-2007 10:19 AM
    Let me clarify;

all iPhone users having issues, as oposed to all iPhone devices having issues.
    07-07-2007 10:20 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
    The problem is that he is posting these issues as being indicative of the entire population of iPhone owners.

So you're accusing him of generalising from individual, though numerous, posts...

Which you follow with two generalisations:

Quote:
    That would be akin to saying that because the 700P is a piece of garbage

and

Quote:
    ...which we know is not the case.

I would suggest that you read the 700P forum carefully.

And it is a fact that not all Treos are garbage.

What is the problem?
    07-07-2007 10:20 AM
    Evidently you haven't read his first three posts in this thread.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...5&postcount=59

Some people are easily impressed.

Surur
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=322365

So the iPhone also crashes during phone calls?

Surur
    These are my first 4 posts in the thread. I dont see where I said all IPhone crash on every phone call. The point is that the device is not invulnerable to the problems we are familiar with here. That by itself was big news when the thread was started. Today its just common knowledge.

Surur
    07-07-2007 10:24 AM
    Denny, I read the first three posts of the thread by surur...again, he does not mak that claim.

And the 700p is not garbage....10 years old OS that resets a lot, sure, but not garbage.
    07-07-2007 10:24 AM
    These are my first 4 posts in the thread. I dont see where I said all IPhone crash on every phone call. The point is that the device is not invulnerable to the problems we are familiar with here. That by itself was big news when the thread was started. Today its just common knowledge.

Surur

You certainly weren't listing any posts where folks were happy with the device which only shows your bias.

It's ok....maybe you too can have an iPhone one day.
    07-07-2007 10:26 AM
    Denny, I read the first three posts of the thread by surur...again, he does not mak that claim.

And the 700p is not garbage....10 years old OS that resets a lot, sure, but not garbage.

I would characterize something that resets alot (hello Treo 700P!) to be garbage.
    07-07-2007 10:27 AM

He certainly isn't presenting the posts to be only a small subsegment of the iPhone population is he?
    07-07-2007 10:28 AM
    You certainly weren't listing any posts where folks were happy with the device which only shows your bias.

I am biased? Say it aint so!!!

Surur
    07-07-2007 10:29 AM
    He certainly isn't presenting the posts to be only a small subsegment of the iPhone population is he?
    We dont really know that do we, and I have not made the claim that most people's iPhone are crashing all the time. The claim that WM devices need to be reset every day and that Treo 700p devices crash all the time has however been presented by others.

Surur
    07-07-2007 10:31 AM
    Treo 700P Battery life stinks....POST MR!!!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=145062

MR screws up ablility to sync

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=146554

700P crashes!!!!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=146841

Hating the TREO!!!!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=136497

Now how fair is all of the info above?

07-07-2007 10:32 AM

Surur
    Perhaps you should have added this disclaimer to your posts that started this thread.
    07-07-2007 10:35 AM

Sorry to butt in, but I have to say- how childish. Just b/c Surur isn't in love with the iPhone like everyone else & points out its shortcomings, he must be jealous & secretly want one? Give me a break. Maybe that'd have been true in 8th grade, but we're adults here. We say what we mean. If we say don't like something, it means we don't like it, it's not some thinly veiled secret love profession.

I wish everyone would just shutup, GROW up, and quit bantering this iPhone crap to death. Yes, it's a nice phone, NO it's not the "treo killer". It's in an entirely different class. Yes, the Treo has problems, it's well-known. Is it still one of the most powerful devices available? Yes.
    07-07-2007 10:39 AM
    Sorry to butt in, but I have to say- how childish. Just b/c Surur isn't in love with the iPhone like everyone else & points out its shortcomings, he must be jealous & secretly want one? Give me a break. Maybe that'd have been true in 8th grade, but we're adults here. We say what we mean. If we say don't like something, it means we don't like it, it's not some thinly veiled secret love profession.

I wish everyone would just shutup, GROW up, and quit bantering this iPhone crap to death. Yes, it's a nice phone, NO it's not the "treo killer". It's in an entirely different class. Yes, the Treo has problems, it's well-known. Is it still one of the most powerful devices available? Yes.
    It's not that he isn't in love with the device. He is making it his goal in life to bash the device..........even though he doesn't have one and hasn't used one. Are you kidding me? He must have an "issue" somewhere to go out of his way to bash a device he's never touched.
    07-07-2007 10:43 AM
    Treo 700P Battery life stinks....POST MR!!!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=145062

MR screws up ablility to sync

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=146554

700P crashes!!!!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=146841

Hating the TREO!!!!

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=136497

Now how fair is all of the info above?

Besides the point I think - this thread is about what sucks about the iPhone..end of. If iPhone lovers/users want to come in here and dispute the validity of the thread then that's their onus but it is what it is..I even see oalvarez (or llarson?) started one on Palm/treos - fair enough it's been done for the past few years, but nobody went in that thread and said "no fair" and tossed tehir toys out the pram! The mods here have not seen this thread as against house rules, so ppl who don't like the topic why come back?!? I also avoid threads of why the 680 sucks as I love mine - don't fight it..get a new bag poppa
    07-07-2007 10:55 AM

Surur
    I can except being biased toward a phone that gets all its praise from the "wow factor" vs. the true nature of productivity and functionality when all of a sudden everything under the sun sucks because they got an iphone.
    07-07-2007 11:03 AM
    Besides the point I think - this thread is about what sucks about the iPhone..end of. If iPhone lovers/users want to come in here and dispute the validity of the thread then that's their onus but it is what it is..I even see oalvarez (or llarson?) started one on Palm/treos - fair enough it's been done for the past few years, but nobody went in that thread and said "no fair" and tossed tehir toys out the pram! The mods here have not seen this thread as against house rules, so ppl who don't like the topic why come back?!? I also avoid threads of why the 680 sucks as I love mine - don't fight it..get a new bag poppa
    Just pointing out the silliness of his thread. In fact, I am more equipped to comment on the 700P than he is the iPhone.......because I have actually owned and used a 700P. A better thread would have been "I don't own the iPhone, and wouldn't buy one due to these device specifications and these issues that are known about the device." However, surur tried to go the flaming route.
    07-07-2007 11:06 AM
    I can except being biased toward a phone that gets all its praise from the "wow factor" vs. the true nature of productivity and functionality when all of a sudden everything under the sun sucks because they got an iphone.
    Actually I still love and am keeping my 750. It has been rock solid. My 650 was great too, but I waited on purchasing the 650 until the majority of the bugs were worked out of that device. The 700P is an entirely different story.
    07-07-2007 11:09 AM
    he must be jealous & secretly want one?
    Read the topic on the thread. Surur has an iphone, and he an't jealous. I don't feel as strong against the device as Surur but I have chance to get one too but I am not interested in AT&T nor this first model of the phone any how.
    07-07-2007 11:13 AM
    Just pointing out the silliness of his thread. In fact, I am more equipped to comment on the 700P than he is the iPhone.......because I have actually owned and used a 700P. A better thread would have been "I don't own the iPhone, and wouldn't buy one due to these device specifications and these issues that are known about the device." However, surur tried to go the flaming route.
    You are missing the point of the thread again. Its not about my opinion (how much weight does that have in any case?) - its negative experiences by actual users, which is less easily dismissed. This is to counter the hype of the wonderful user experience everybody is proclaiming all over the place.

If some-one now comes along and says:

The device is flawless.
    they will rightly be laughed out of the house.

Surur
    07-07-2007 11:14 AM
    Read the topic on the thread. Surur has an iphone, and he an't jealous. I don't feel as strong against the device as Surur but I have chance to get one too but I am not interested in AT&T nor this first model of the phone any how.

No he doesn't.....

This is just below the topic in his first post...

Default 10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)
    No, not me. This guy.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=322382
    07-07-2007 11:14 AM
    You are missing the point of the thread again. Its not about my opinion (how much weight does that have in any case?) - its negative experiences by actual users, which is less easily dismissed. This is to counter the hype of the wonderful user experience everybody is proclaiming all over the place.

If some-one now comes along and says:

they will rightly be laughed out of the house.

Surur

Actually my iPhone has been flawless to date, which is more than I could have said about my 700P at a similar point of ownership. Maybe you will link my post in your next thread about the iPhone.....
    07-07-2007 11:16 AM
    I dont own an iPhone, but the title of the thread is the title of the thread the first post is taken from. That person (like all the people I am quoting) do have iPhones, and have legitimate complains about the device.

Surur
    07-07-2007 11:16 AM
    This is getting fun. So far we have over 20 pages of nothing but the following:

Surur: Here's some reasons why the iPhone sucks
    iEvangelist: But I still really like using it!
    Surur: Here's some more reasons why the iPhone sucks
    iEvangelist: But it's so pretty!
    Surur: More reasons why I won't use an iPhone
    iEvengelist: Everything but iPhones are impossible to use because I'm too stupid to figure out how to use them
    Surur: Some reasons why people shouldn't get an iPhone
    iEvangelist: Treo's suck! Palm is stupid! Apple FTW!
    Surur: A few more reasons why the iPhone isn't for me
    iEvengelist: But the iPhone is meant for stupid people (mass market, not smartphone users)
    Surur: Evidence the iPhone is being marketed to smartphone users
    iEvangelist: But I still love my iPhone!

Rinse, repeat for 20 more pages. Look...if you've got something nice to say about the iPhone, for one, this probably isn't the place to say it. Start a new thread called "reasons why I love my iPhone." Secondly, read back through this thread again. It's probably already been stated (several times) and refuted several times by the other side. I'm tired of repeating myself, as I'm sure everyone else is. So if you really feel like you need to share how much the revolutionary UI gives you an orgasm each time you touch your iPhone, do it somewhere else.
    Come on Count, if you are really a COUNT, these types of post do no one any good.

"iEvengelist: Everything but iPhones are impossible to use because I'm too stupid to figure out how to use them"

Right and anyone who wants to fumble around a file directory must have no life and enjoys creating a good Hack more then anything else, GEEK!

Post something useful or we will be forced to strip you of your royal title.
    07-07-2007 11:17 AM
3,194 ... 1718192021 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD