What I most enjoy about this is when surur treats me as if I was archie, and archie treats me as if I was surur.

This thread hurts my head.
    I feel for you Bro.
    08-31-2007 03:45 PM
    Rumor is that iPhone ringtone service launching 9/5.

Pay Apple to convert your already bought music into ringtone.

See, you just had to wait until they could make money on it.

In other news, are people seeing a lot of iPhones on the street? I haven't seen one in a wild. I think I've seen a whopping 6 since the launch in the wild.
    I've seen a couple dozen now. Frequency has been increasing.

I doubt apple will make you pay to convert existing music, but we'll see. If so, you can probably blame it on the RIAA.
    08-31-2007 05:09 PM
    I think there are a couple scenarios:

- Apple makes "ringtone maker" a part of iTunes, free use for all content.

- Pay for use for all content

- Pay for use for all iTunes purchased music, but not for your own ripped content.

I guess we will know on the 5th.
    09-01-2007 05:45 PM
    So has the excitement worn off for anyone yet? I notice 2 people who used to post in this thread dropped out, even before the move and holiday weekend.

Denny Crane and Llarson. Does that mean they're no longer interested in defending the iPhone or did they just leave TC altogether due to moving to the iPhone? Bcalis(I may have spelled that wrong) is no longer around either. Where did everyone go? It's now the same 4 or 5 posters most of the time, LOL!
    09-01-2007 11:30 PM
    I didn't post here for a month either..until this thread was moved here I wouldn't take it as they have "lost their excitement," its just that this forum is very very quiet. Treocentral is the best Treo forum hands down, but phonedifferent certainly is not the best iPhone forum around. If I want current info, or a collective opinion on something, better results will be acheived at the more popular forums. You know how it is.

No disrespect to PD of course, just stating the obvious
    09-01-2007 11:52 PM
    I thought I saw you pop in a few times.

Those 2 were quite active then slowed down way BEFORE the move, is what I'm saying.

I looked at the HoFo iPhone thread and the everyiphone forums, it's just not the same. Although HF is pretty decent, since I hang out on the Nokia and Sony forums anyway.
    09-02-2007 12:54 AM
    Maybe they just are smarter than us and getting liives ;-).

There bloom is off the rose, so to speak. Not a whole lot more to say until the next big nugget of iPone news.
    09-02-2007 10:17 AM
    8th one in the wild....
    09-04-2007 02:38 PM
    Man, and here I was psyched to use an iPhone with the upcoming Palm Foleo...
    09-04-2007 05:37 PM
    heh heh. yeah, interesting to see how palm tries to save face after this announcement.
    09-05-2007 12:06 AM
    See, the Fooleo (I feel fully justified calling it that now) is one huge reason for buying an Apple product, that nonsense would never have happened at Apple. This really shows that Palm is playing in the bush leagues.
    09-05-2007 12:56 AM
    Apple's made some miscalculations too. I hear Apple TV isn't doing well, for one thing.
    09-05-2007 03:02 AM
    Isn't doing well for a company who's products relatively are successful is different than Palm's use of a near-product release as marketing research. Palm has done many lame, lame, lame things in the past 5 years. How did they let the Foleo get this far then kill it just like that? It should never have gotten this far, or they should have just released it. It wouldn't be the first time Palm released buggy crap. I guess it was really, really buggy crap.
    09-05-2007 03:59 AM
    Jobs to early adopters: Suckaaaaaaaaaars!

$200 cheaper now.

Wow...usually Apple never cuts the price of their product so soon after launch.

It was worth $600 two months ago, but now $400.

Me thinks this is to spurs some lackluster sales (i.e. to make their 1M by end of Sept.)

At least they released the Touch, as I expected they would. A very nice PMP.
    09-05-2007 04:58 PM
    I think there are a couple scenarios:

- Apple makes "ringtone maker" a part of iTunes, free use for all content.

- Pay for use for all content

- Pay for use for all iTunes purchased music, but not for your own ripped content.

I guess we will know on the 5th.
    99 cents a song, plus the cost of the song.

Not sure if you can do this for your own content.

The song is 99 cents...the ringtone is 99 cents. Hmm...
    09-05-2007 05:00 PM
    I wish the iPod Touch had Bluetooth. This means no BT headphones, nor getting a net connection from a lowly cell phone. And $399 for only 16 GB with no expansion? Anyhow, Apple sure makes some very nice products with some crippling flaws. The Nano looks pretty cool though, too bad it isn't available with 16 GB.
    09-05-2007 05:47 PM
    Jobs to early adopters: Suckaaaaaaaaaars!
    Nonesense; I got my $200- worth. If the price has been $200- cheaper to start with, one would still be standing in line.

Now, if he had announced UMTS today, then I would have felt as though I had been had.
    09-05-2007 06:15 PM
    I wish the iPod Touch had Bluetooth. This means no BT headphones, nor getting a net connection from a lowly cell phone. And $399 for only 16 GB with no expansion? Anyhow, Apple sure makes some very nice products with some crippling flaws. The Nano looks pretty cool though, too bad it isn't available with 16 GB.
    Yes, I noticed that too. No BT...tsk tsk.
    09-05-2007 06:50 PM
    Nonesense; I got my $200- worth. If the price has been $200- cheaper to start with, one would still be standing in line.

Now, if he had announced UMTS today, then I would have felt as though I had been had.
    How is it nonsense? Anyone who bought an IPhone before today paid a $200 (33% premium) for 60 days or less of use.

A little patience, and you could have had the iPhone and the new Nano combined for the same price.

I can't recall any product price dropping 33% 60 days after being introduced. Especially one from Apple or other tech vendor.

A lot of people are glad they waited.

However, will this drive more sales? I guess we will see. This, to me, was a very drastic price cut for Apple.
    09-05-2007 06:55 PM
    Isn't doing well for a company who's products relatively are successful is different than Palm's use of a near-product release as marketing research. Palm has done many lame, lame, lame things in the past 5 years. How did they let the Foleo get this far then kill it just like that? It should never have gotten this far, or they should have just released it. It wouldn't be the first time Palm released buggy crap. I guess it was really, really buggy crap.

I agree Palm is lame. I just think no company can avoid a booboo once in a while, no matter how successful they are. However, Palm has too many.
    09-05-2007 06:56 PM
    How is it nonsense? Anyone who bought an IPhone before today paid a $200 (33% premium) for 60 days or less of use.

A little patience, and you could have had the iPhone and the new Nano combined for the same price.

I can't recall any product price dropping 33% 60 days after being introduced. Especially one from Apple or other tech vendor.

However, will this drive more sales? I guess we will see. This, to me, was a very drastic price cut for Apple.
    You're absolutely right! People won't admit they're kicking themeselves. I never expected a $200 price drop though. But yes, I'm kicking myself a bit, although I got this from a friend at a small discount.
    09-05-2007 07:01 PM
    the real question is how many marginal units will they sell at the lower price. i think most consumers understand the prices of these electronic devices get cheaper in time. what i don't think the consumers expected was a price drop this severe, this quick. it will be interesting to see if the price drop changes people's perception of its quality.

regards
    09-05-2007 07:46 PM
    I think Apple has pooched themselves a little with the price drop. Now for future products, people will be expecting the big price drops.

I think also, making the price only a little higher than the Touch (I like how they stole the name from HTC), they are trying to get people to step up...but I think the Touch will outsell the iPhone instead.
    09-05-2007 09:12 PM

The nonesense is that to be early was to be a "sucker." To the contrary, to be early was to pay $200- to be early without having to stand in line. There is a distinction there for those who can see it.

It took IBM two decades to figure out that many of their customers would pay a premium to be early. Apple understands pricing better than anyone else in the business; they are the only vendor in consumer electronics that says what the retail price of their product will be and makes it stick. Microsoft would die for that power. Competition from Apple determines the price of the Zune. Carriers price the Treo and whoa be unto Palm if they try to underprice the carriers to the consumer.

I have paid a premium for every Treo but still have had to wait for GSM. Apple did not make me both pay a premium and wait.

You are probably right that "a lot of people are glad they waited." A few are probably sorry that they did not. Most will not buy at any price. That does not make the early people "suckers."

We are the "heat seekers" and we know that we always pay a price to be early. It is nice to be able to afford it.
    09-05-2007 09:12 PM
    ..but I think the Touch will outsell the iPhone instead.
    hmmmm, i'm not so sure. i think the Touch is limited in its data entry and at the new iPhone's price point i just can't see this happening. time will tell as they say!
    09-05-2007 10:32 PM
3,194 ... 120121122123124 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD