Or maybe iPhone users are sitting there deleting one e-mail at a time?

http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/b...thread.id=2813

Surur
    http://www.geardiary.com/2007/06/06/...indows-mobile/

Have I mentioned lately how friggin LAME I think WM is? No? Well, I DO.

If Palm hadnt flamed out so badly, Id still be using Palm devices. June
    29th cant come too soon, as far as Im concerned. Ive gotten used to most of WMs idiosyncrasies, but I still cant believe some of its nonsense.

Like the fact that I have to reboot my device several times a day. And the fact that I had to install a third-party app to get the close icon to actually close programs. And . . .
    07-02-2007 04:44 PM
    See my previous post #241...

Do you have any new critiques or just post from other blogs.
    07-02-2007 04:46 PM

I think I would prefer having iPhone owners speak for themselves. Dont you?

Uggggg

Surur
    07-02-2007 04:55 PM

New critiques and postings from blogs don't belong in this thread. Why do you insist on cluttering it up? Surur is providing great entertainment by collecting real posts from real iPhone users.
    07-02-2007 04:57 PM
    http://www.geardiary.com/2007/06/06/...indows-mobile/

Have I mentioned lately how friggin LAME I think WM is? No? Well, I DO.

If Palm hadnt flamed out so badly, Id still be using Palm devices. June
    29th cant come too soon, as far as Im concerned. Ive gotten used to most of WMs idiosyncrasies, but I still cant believe some of its nonsense.

Like the fact that I have to reboot my device several times a day. And the fact that I had to install a third-party app to get the close icon to actually close programs. And . . .
    llarson,

The funny thing here is, technically you are thread-crapping.

The title of this thread is "10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)".

It is not "The unbiased iPhone review" (which would be dubious as well) or "What is great about the iPhone", nor is it "Lets critique WM5" thread, so I fail to see how your posts are relevant to the topic at hand?

No one here is pretending to be objective, fair or anything else. Why do you feel so compelled to come into this thread and defend the iPhone?

And for the record, even MS has responded about the "X" button which has been discussed to death for years now. Also, Microsoft has never claimed their OS to be "5 years ahead" of anybody else so they have less hype to deflate when it comes to WM.
    07-02-2007 05:01 PM
    llarson,

The funny thing here is, technically you are thread-crapping.

The title of this thread is "10 Things that "Absolutely suck" about the iPhone. (Yes I have one)".

It is not "The unbiased iPhone review" (which would be dubious as well) or "What is great about the iPhone", nor is it "Lets critique WM5" thread, so I fail to see how your posts are relevant to the topic at hand?

No one here is pretending to be objective, fair or anything else. Why do you feel so compelled to come into this thread and defend the iPhone?

And for the record, even MS has responded about the "X" button which has been discussed to death for years now. Also, Microsoft has never claimed their OS to be "5 years ahead" of anybody else so they have less hype to deflate when it comes to WM.
    Please feel free to giggle among yourselves. Didn't mean to get in the way of your mindless bashing.

Ah the feeling of superiority you must get from this.

Enjoy....
    07-02-2007 05:12 PM
    PalmOS users will like this one.

Love the iPhone, but EMAIL is disappointingly limited

So, I stood in line, got my phone Friday, and have spent the weekend working with it. It's a great tool, and will be a fantastic addition to my life.

Now for the inevitable 'however'...

However - the e-mail application is just not up to snuff in some ways. I LOVE the ability to read the first few lines of each mail, and I like the display, and I even like the keyboard.

The inability to check mail automatically more than every 15 minutes is a REAL problem. I've been using a Treo 680 with Chatteremail, and am used to having mail show up instantly. I'd be willing to wait a minute or two, or even five in a pinch. But for modern e-mail usage, 15 minutes is a lifetime.

When corresponding with Blackberry or other push-mail users, by the time I've seen a mail, several others have responded, a conversation has taken place, and I'm just coming into the conversation. There's a reason that Push has revolutionized mobile usage, and the iPhone just isn't involved in the Push revolution at the moment.

Second - it's just insane how hard it is to figure out if you've got new mail, and in which accounts. Chatteremail puts a red icon at the bottom of the window for each account with new mail - I'm used to being able to review all new mail in four accounts with a total of four icon touches 'Work'->'Personal'->'University'->'2nd Work', and know if there's new mail in each by reviewing the icons at the bottom, so I only need to check the ones with new mail. Maximum of four touches, and usually only one or two show new mail, so it's one or two touches to be done.

That same task in iPhone EMAIL is Personal->Folder list->Inbox->Folder list->Work->Folder list->Inbox->Folder list->University->Folder list->Inbox->Folder list->2nd work->Folder list->Inbox->Folder list->Mailbox list - for a total of 16 touches - 4x what it should be!!!!

And since it only flags unread mail, as opposed to newly downloaded mail (an important distinction for a shared account where several people are using one account to distribute work), I have to check all four each time.

My final item is 'sleep hours' - this is a very common tool for handheld devices where the e-mail software doesn't fetch mail during user-selected hours, so you can have your device on your bedstand for emergency phone calls, but not chirping and vibrating all night when spam comes in. iPhone never sleeps, and will happily chirp all night, unless you turn off the mail account manually - a giant pain, especially with multiple accounts, and hard to remember to turn back on.

I don't expect a v1 product to be quite as well-defined as Chatteremail, which is a super-tight and well-honed program that's gone through a ton of work to get where it is today, but this is just out of control - I'd say that the EMAIL app is not only not 'business ready', but it's questionable whether it's ready for anyone with more than one or two accounts, and any need to check mail more than hourly.

I love my iPhone, but the mail app is just not up to speed - it shows tremendous potential - the overall notion of mail-handling is good, and the interface is excellent - all of which just makes the lack of what is well-defined functionality for most mobile e-mail devices very frustrating.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=324032

Surur
    07-02-2007 05:17 PM
    Its funny that the iPhone does not have a close button either, and no-one is complaining.

Surur
    07-02-2007 05:19 PM
    neener neener neener, llarsen is a threadcrapper...

I have to say, surur snipets from actual users are very informative.

Email is one area that the iPhone has some issues, unless you have one email account, do not need to create subfolders, and get a low volume of email so individual deletion is no big deal.
    07-02-2007 05:41 PM
    The crashes continue, and now the are even complaining at the holy of holies, the Apple forum.

annoying reset to home page

often, my iphone will reset on its own to the home page (i'm not pressing the home page button at the bottom)....this occurs while i'm using safari, mail, ipod, or any other application for that matter....

has anyone else experienced this as well? the only thing i could attribute this to is that when i'm using the internet (for safari, googlemaps, email, etc...), and either the EDGE network or the wifi network that i'm on temporarily boots me out, like when you loose a cell phone signal....

just wondering if this has happened to anyone else....

other than that, i've been using my ipod now for 3 days: battery life is excellent, features amazing, even better than expected signal/coverage...a wonderful device! the only complaint i have is that the voice quality is not the best....

-thanks!

CJJ

You may have already seen this elsewhere in the forum, but if not:

some people have had success with the Reset iPhone and Reset Settings as described on this page:

http://www.apple.com/support/iphone/...hooting/phone/

I was having problems with the iPod cutting out whenever I started looking at photos. Maps and Photos would both suddenly close, as well. Since I did the Reset Settings (without deleting media), it has been OK. I did not do the Reset iPhone, personally.

I cannot say this is a long-lasting fix since I only did it a few hours ago, but hopefully it will help.

Idudeman

I have been having the same problem. Shutting the phone off and then on, took care of it (temporarily?)
    http://discussions.apple.com/thread....3070&tstart=15

Surur
    07-02-2007 05:41 PM
    Crashes? Posted on the Apple.com forums?

Oh, the humanity!
    07-02-2007 05:45 PM
    Its funny that the iPhone does not have a close button either, and no-one is complaining.

Surur
    What's to close??
    07-02-2007 06:05 PM
    What's to close??
    It closes apps by itself... even while you are using it!!!

Surur
    07-02-2007 06:10 PM
    Whoops!

Guess the iPhones are taking down the EDGE network on the West coast. :evil:

LINK
    07-02-2007 06:27 PM
    More and more of the iPHONE haters are resorting to personal attacks. I am amazed at the HATE you guys have for a piece of electronics. Bronxboy, maybe you should step back from the keyboard and breath deeply. I'm sure the "Business connections" you have are deeply impressed by the many Ringtones you can create.

Mine tend to want me to make them money.

Best wishes with your RAZOR...
    Who said I "hate" the i-Phone? Truth be told before its release I was one of the most optimistic in this forum however; now that it’s here I see it’s allot of hype just like every other Apple product.

The only reason I even brought up the ringtones is because you have to pay for them. Granted even our Palms did not have MP3 ringtones out the box which is bearly excusable but paying for them is out of the question. Furthermore it was not until surur mentioned it that I started to take a closer look at my Razor & I realized it owns the I-phone at the moment even without a keyboard. “The phones got skills”. Instant messaging, EDGE, Opera, a form of GPS that works with Google maps and the list goes on and on. It’s rather amazing. Of course some hacking is in order but that’s usually a given with any device.

On paper the i-Phone looks nice but in the real world from a productivity point of view (screen size aside) the Razor & its apps at the moment honestly rip it a new one.

Now somehow I’m sure you will still think I’m hating on the phone but the truth is I’m not. I was really looking forward to dropping Palm for one.

Its just a phone man, its not really the messiah.
    “Don’t believe the Hype"
    Flavor Flav 1988
    07-02-2007 07:38 PM
    Poor iPhone owners - they are just not getting any respect. Its almost like they paid $600 for a $200 phone!!! Now people are laughing at them

opticalserenity

Help me defend the iPhone and Apple please!

Ok, so...I've been getting heck for the iPhone for a while over at Blackhole forums:

http://www.theblackhole.us/forum/showthread.php?t=2998

The is issue is, there are people over there who simply are ignorant about Apple stuff and technology in general. If you notice, the OP in that thread is all about just bashing the iPhone and even just Apple in general.

Also check out, yet another iPhone bashing thread, and Apple bashing in general by someone who purports to know what they are talking about:

http://www.theblackhole.us/forum/showthread.php?t=2987

Thanks.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=323720

Surur
    07-02-2007 07:57 PM
    I love my iPhone, yada, yada, yada, but I just ran across a post on macrumors that had me rolling in laughter.

Regarding an iPhone crash:

Same here Bubbasteve,

My iPhone has crashed a few times in Safari but it's the most relaxed, sophisticated crash. The program doesn't really freeze or anything but suddenly goes to the home screen. It has also happened a few times (maybe 2x) with Google Maps.

Ps, iChat would be incredible!!!
    http://forums.macrumors.com/newreply...eply&p=3861924

I think the selective bashing (only posting links to iPhone problems) is getting very old and childish, but you have to admit that post is funny!
    07-02-2007 08:42 PM
    http://forums.wireless.att.com/cng/b...&thread.id=728

Wow! So normal people also use stereo bluetooth headsets!?! Who would have thought.

Surur
    I use a bluetooth stereo headset. I wish that qualified me as "normal."
    07-02-2007 08:47 PM
    Poor iPhone owners - they are just not getting any respect. Its almost like they paid $600 for a $200 phone!!! Now people are laughing at them

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=323720

Surur
    I just read that thread.

Seems like the whole argument is: "non-iphones are too hard!!"

Then they skip over details (like specific devices, GUIs, etc. Is Symbian really difficult? I've never used it, it looks simple enough.)

I don't hear many of my friends with simple flips complaining about making calls or doing basics. Most don't even care about mobile youtube, let alone Safari.

I get the impression that these posters think that until the iphone, we were all confused on how to use a cell phone.
    07-02-2007 08:47 PM
    I love my iPhone, yada, yada, yada, but I just ran across a post on macrumors that had me rolling in laughter.

I think the selective bashing (only posting links to iPhone problems) is getting very old and childish, but you have to admit that post is funny!
    Agreed. I would really like to get back to bashing Palm. I really cannot get excited about what Apple does. It is Palm that holds me by the shorts.
    07-02-2007 08:49 PM

That quote reminded me of Palm OS.

WM would typically "freeze" when it crashed. Not POS though, it would just reset for you--in that sense, although shocking, was a bit less frustrating then a freeze....I guess
    07-02-2007 08:50 PM
    Grrr foleo
    07-02-2007 08:51 PM
    Wow - You've been very suscinct (spelling?). I can actually envision all the problems you wrote about.

Thank you for taking all the time it took to type that out to warn us.
    07-02-2007 08:53 PM
    I just saw this thread and all I can say is..............."FlameBait"
    look up the definition if you don't know what it is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flamebait

What amazes me is how this guy hasn't been booted off of this message board. These threads can be much shorter if people don't fall prey to these types of threads.
    07-02-2007 09:22 PM
    I just saw this thread and all I can say is..............."FlameBait"
    look up the definition if you don't know what it is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flamebait

What amazes me is how this guy hasn't been booted off of this message board. These threads can be much shorter if people don't fall prey to these types of threads.
    oooohhhhhhh....now I get it.
    07-02-2007 09:26 PM
3,194 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD